New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Are you using a third party hosting site such as Imgur?
Yeah, just installed that and followed the steps I saw in an instruction post on here; looked right. Tried google photos too, but guess that also didn’t work!

Dang it!

Hi all. First post here. I'm lucky enough to own a beautiful 2000 Custom 22 with the artist pack. Not sure if I can add photos until I have 3 posts under my belt but looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for signing up!

Please read the forum rules in this thread...

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/official-forum-rules-read-em.920/

In an effort to prevent certain types of spammers, new users will be prevented from using Private Messaging and having custom signatures associated with your posts. After you've participated in the forum (10 posts), all normal functionality will be open to you, so quit lurking!
Hello Admin, just bought my first Electric Guitar, a PRS SE CUSTOM 24 'Spalted Maple Top'. Never thought I could afford a SE even. Now Im on the road to achieve my dream of performing on stage with a PRS!

Hello Admin, just bought my first Electric Guitar, a PRS SE CUSTOM 24 'Spalted Maple Top'. Never thought I could afford a SE even. Now Im on the road to achieve my dream of performing on stage with a PRS!
Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum.

Welcome, we’d love to see some photos, if you haven’t already made a new guitar thread.

Hello, everybody! I'm Andy, and I love PRS guitars. I just joined the Forum a few minutes ago, but I've been playing Paul's guitars for a few years now. I'm 54, and my favorite era of music is classic rock from the late 60s/early 70s. My favorite bands are The Beatles, Led Zep, Yes, Allman Brothers, ELP, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rush, Skynyrd and Hendrix. My favorite overall guitarist is probably Jimmy Page, but I dig everyone from Wes Montgomery and Albert King to your modern-day YouTuber who knows his stuff. I have some questions about some PRS guitars that I've been looking at online (I'd like to add more to my collection), but I'll save those questions for another post. In the meantime, thanks for letting me join this Forum, and y'all take care.

For the record, I bought my first PRS guitar--an SE 245--about six years ago. And I'm now also the proud owner of the S2 Vela, which I think is a fantastic guitar.

Here's the story of how I discovered the Vela:

I walked into my local guitar store hoping to find an S2 Custom 22 solidbody. They didn't have one of those, but the sales-guy recommended that I try out the Vela. At first I thought. "Nahh... I don't want no Vela!" But he was very insistent, and I didn't want to be rude. So I said, "Okay, I'll give it a try." We plugged it into a combo amp, I flipped the switch to the neck pickup, started playing some simple blues licks... And suddenly I felt a connection! I can't explain it, but this Vela came alive in my hands. The tone, the feel, that intangible bond that happens when you stumble upon something special and unique. I was surprised at how I bonded with this guitar. I flipped to the center pickup; it sounded great. I flipped to the bridge pickup; same thing. In short, it was love at first sight. Or first play, in this case.

I bought the Vela, took it home, and named it Casper. (It's the antique-white color.) PRS calls this a solid "workhorse" guitar (or some such phrase), but that term doesn't do this model justice, in my opinion. To me, it's a kicka** work of art! Maybe not Top-of-the-Line as far as PRS guitars are concerned, but, hey, I'm a middle-class working man. In any case, I would proudly show up for any gig with my Casper. I love the guitar.

Any other S2 Vela players out there? What do you think? Were you surprised by yours? Just wondering, because I don't know of any other Vela players in my local circles.

For the record, I bought my first PRS guitar--an SE 245--about six years ago. And I'm now also the proud owner of the S2 Vela, which I think is a fantastic guitar.

Here's the story of how I discovered the Vela:

I walked into my local guitar store hoping to find an S2 Custom 22 solidbody. They didn't have one of those, but the sales-guy recommended that I try out the Vela. At first I thought. "Nahh... I don't want no Vela!" But he was very insistent, and I didn't want to be rude. So I said, "Okay, I'll give it a try." We plugged it into a combo amp, I flipped the switch to the neck pickup, started playing some simple blues licks... And suddenly I felt a connection! I can't explain it, but this Vela came alive in my hands. The tone, the feel, that intangible bond that happens when you stumble upon something special and unique. I was surprised at how I bonded with this guitar. I flipped to the center pickup; it sounded great. I flipped to the bridge pickup; same thing. In short, it was love at first sight. Or first play, in this case.

I bought the Vela, took it home, and named it Casper. (It's the antique-white color.) PRS calls this a solid "workhorse" guitar (or some such phrase), but that term doesn't do this model justice, in my opinion. To me, it's a kicka** work of art! Maybe not Top-of-the-Line as far as PRS guitars are concerned, but, hey, I'm a middle-class working man. In any case, I would proudly show up for any gig with my Casper. I love the guitar.

Any other S2 Vela players out there? What do you think? Were you surprised by yours? Just wondering, because I don't know of any other Vela players in my local circles.

Nice Intro Andy, keep the guitar buying stories coming!;)

(Yeah I see what I did there)

Hi! New member and SE owner here, after years of drooling over PRS guitars I finally decided to buy an SE Custom 24 Floyd. Looking forward to getting to know the community.

Nice! Congrats!
And, as always, pics! :D

Thanks!
Fortunatel, I'm better at playing than taking photos.
20201128-100642.jpg

Back