New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Now that's commitment.

I probably would have had to name mine Victor or Victoria. After the beers. Emily must have been quite the something. to distract you from the beer.

HELLOOOOO! My name is Sean, I just had to sign up for this forum. I frequent many forums and choose to usually lurk rather than post, with the occasional forum here and there. When I saw this one I started reading it and it seems right up my alley. You guys seem like a community of people who genuinely enjoy your hobby and chatting with one another about it in a civil and adult fashion (which is unfortunately rare on the internet!) as well as being supportive of one another with problems and whatnot.

A little background about myself, I began playing some 22 years ago, I played professionally for about 5-6 years and now only play in a band for fun. We have day jobs and like our time together as well as time apart. Since day 1 I had been a massive Les Paul fan, I have owned many over the years and whittled it down to *just* 3! I have had the occasional Fender Stratocaster but can never seem to hold on to them, something is just never right about them to me. Although I have 1 now, that I really do like the best out of any I've owned. I bought a 30th Anniversary Core Custom 24 when they came out because as a Les Paul/Strat player the PRS Cu24 always seemed like the best of "both" guitars and none of the bad. I pulled the trigger and I *LOVE* it! I ordered it custom with the neck and color and everything that I wanted and when it arrived it played perfect, was in tune and felt like it was "MY GUITAR", something I had never experienced before right out of the box, usually takes time. I have since talked my longtime guitar playing mate into buying a PRS, he grabbed up a S2 due to the fact he may not like it (Jackson King V player for 15+ yrs) and he loved it so much he bought a Core Custom 24! So I "inherited" the S2 Custom 24 and have since upgraded the pick ups with \m/ pickups as well as upgraded the electronics to core parts and ordered a Core USA Trem for it. I really love the guitar, seems like a stripped "fun beater" guitar! Nicest Beater EVER! HAHA!

Sorry for the long post. I just want to basically say I've really enjoyed reading the forum, you guys seem genuine and amazing, and most of all THANK YOU PAUL REED SMITH! You made a guitar that is EVERYTHING I ever wanted in a guitar and thank you for saving my bad back and bad knee, the Les Pauls can take the blame for that!

Welcome aboard, Sean. Sadly, you're right about too many forums. We're a pretty friendly lot here - even our disagreements tend to be pretty civil. Mostly because none of us want to see a repeat of the Great Slapfest of 2008.... :cool:

Thanks for the welcome! I have been lurking for quite awhile, and figured it's time to jump in the pool. I have several PRSes, and as I liquidate more of my collection, I will be adding PRSes, to take their place. I have been playing PRS guitars since 1989, and have always owned at least one, ever since. You can pick up a PRS in any store, and feel at home. I have owned se, ce, core, and now an s2 vela, so I've pretty much run the gamut of their instruments...you really can't go wrong. My avatar, has been my main stage guitar for the last 3 years, but my 408, and now my vela are competing for time...like I said, you can't go wrong!

New to the forum and searching for a PRS now. I was able to try a S2 custom 24, S2 satin, and new CE 24 at GC recently. Both were nice but still trying to decide which model I would like.

Thanks vein buster. I hear you. I liked the CE best from the ones I tried. Looking for some others to try but a limited selection here.

Hi Gang, RonnieD here from up in Canada! I've been lurking here for the past few months and just last month acquired my second Private Stock, a DC 245, # 4088, and my first being a Private Stock DGT, # 5352. I'm now most definitely hooked and really enjoy these incredible instruments. I'm a blues roots player and these guitars totally deliver the goods on all levels, and are destined to be family heirlooms as well! I'll post pics once I figure out how to do so.

Welcome Ronnie. I'm in Canada too.
The gang is going to want to see those private stocks.
Hey There where you from? I'm from a little town called Rama 'bout an hour and change North of Toronto. I'm still figuring out how to post pictures on the free sites then download from there..

Well... Here I go again trying to post photos of my private stocks

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/how-to-post-pics.932/

New to the forum and to PRS. I was drawn to these guitars after seeing an advert for the new 2016 CE24, but after researching it and finding out how much they'd be after arriving in Australia (AU$4200) I had to concede to being priced out of the US made beauties. Thankfully, the SE range is within reach and I've ordered a 2016 SE Custom 24 for my first PRS. For now I'll just have to suppress the lustful thoughts I have for a US made Custom 24 in black gold wrap. :)

brand new to the forum. i love PRS guitars. My custom 24 is the best instrument i've ever owned. 59/09 pick ups, 10 top in blue crab blue. and a limited run from 2012 where Paul hand signed the front of the headstock.
i can't wait to build a collection of these guitars.

Hello my name is Sean and am thinking about getting a Prs and figured this is the place to start! Thanks

Back