New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Death Metal? :rock:

Hi PRS 'ers of the world.

I just joined and thought Id start ticking off my first 10 posts by introducing myself. Im Norwegian and have a beard like the arch type viking u imagine. But I also just yesterday ordered my first PRS ever. Albeit a mere SE, but still probably the guitar of my darkest desires. No I plan to embed myself throughout this forum as both a guitarist with about 20 years playing experience but also an engineer and audio tech, not to mention a massive nerd.

My first PRS below....

I purchased my first PRS about 1.5 weeks ago - a Seafoam Green Vela. Loving it so far and I haven't pulled any of my Stratocasters out of their cases since I got the Vela home.

Hi! New member and "PRS" (SE Custom 24) owner. Glad to be here. This guitar is unlike any I've ever played. I'm a usual Strat/Ibanez player but love the tone and feel of the PRS-style neck and body. I do have questions, though, and I'll post those in the appropriate forum.

Thanks!

Hello all im new the forum. Ive had my se singlecut cut for about 6 months now. Im in the middle of modding it and have some questions. Ive actually got alot of my ideas for the mods here.

Hello all im new the forum. Ive had my se singlecut cut for about 6 months now. Im in the middle of modding it and have some questions. Ive actually got alot of my ideas for the mods here.
I got some of my info from here, too - that's why I joined! New nut? Check. New tuners? On the way. Next up - some higher output pups. :)

Hello, new member here. I have had a PRS Torero for a couple years and love it. Going to be switching it over to passive pickups when I get the parts in.

I put on locking tuners a gotoh 510 bridge and a dimarzio super 2 and 3 set with push pull pots for single coil i also changed everything chrome to black new nut is on the way and im pretty much done

Hi folks. Just ordered my first PRS. Wood library DGT. Should have it next week. I play blues/rock/Americana/etc. Dead/McMurtry/Allmans/Clapton/etc. Sold a LP to pay for my PRS jones. :) Forums like these are a good place to learn a lot about new instruments and their finer points.
Let's see if this photo works...
Image%201%20of%208_zps8shflf8l.jpg

Hi all! New member to the forum but a long time PRS lover/owner. As you can tell from my user name, in addition to my SC245 and CE24, I have a DGT (2011 10 top Yellow Tiger) that I think is the most awesome, versatile axe I have ever played! Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone. :p

Hi folks. Just ordered my first PRS. Wood library DGT. Should have it next week. I play blues/rock/Americana/etc. Dead/McMurtry/Allmans/Clapton/etc. Sold a LP to pay for my PRS jones. :) Forums like these are a good place to learn a lot about new instruments and their finer points.
Let's see if this photo works...
Image%201%20of%208_zps8shflf8l.jpg

Hope you will love your DGT as much as I love mine.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Billy and I live in London. I recently bought a new PRS Tremonti Custom SE pictured below. The guitar is great but I'm not really happy with the tuning stability so I plan to make a few modifications and set it up to be able to use heavier strings for low tunings. I've done some research and plan to replace the stock nut and machine heads with a Graph Tech Tusq Nut (PT-6643-00) and Schaller locking tuners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

My_PRS.png

Nice one Billy! The Tusq XL nut is great, with that and the locking tuners you should be in good shape. If you really abuse your trem it would still go out a little, but I have a similar setup to what you're planning on my SE and I can dive bomb it here and there and be ok.

Welcome!

Nice one Billy! The Tusq XL nut is great, with that and the locking tuners you should be in good shape. If you really abuse your trem it would still go out a little, but I have a similar setup to what you're planning on my SE and I can dive bomb it here and there and be ok.

Welcome!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. Did you replace the parts yourself or had it done by a professional? I can replace the tuners myself but replacing the nut can be a bit tricky so I'm wondering whether or not I should do it myself.

Hello all! New member here, finally decided to join up on here after picking up all four Zach Myers SE signatures the past couple years!!

One day hope to have an American-made PRS but wow, the SEs are impressive for the price! The two semi-hollow Zach Myers SEs became my favorite guitars in my collection right out of the box.

Current collection
PRS SE Zach Myers Trampas Green
PRS SE Zach Myers Vintage Sunburst
PRS SE Zach Myers Royal Blue
PRS SE Zach Myers Silver Sparkleburst

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster (the version with the pickguard, but swapped out to a mirror pickguard)
Fender 60th Anniversary Diamond Stratocaster
Fender JagStang (red)
Ibanez GAX70
Schecter C1 Shedevil (meh, not a fan of active pickups, but I like everything else about it)

hi all brand new to this sort of thing but just couldn't resist. been playing guitar quite a few years now, started with a les paul Japanese copy then an Ibanez acoustic which the kid"s broke moved on to an aspen acoustic then a squire showmaster couldn"t afford much back in the day then bought a prs se 2007 soapbar & fell in love with the Paul Reed Smith guitar quest. I not long worked for 4 months every single day to buy my dream & bought a 30th anniversary custom 24 limited edition in burnt maple leaf . its an absolute stunner & I'm well chuft by the way I'm from Kent in England sorry about the slang looking forword to meeting you all & everything Paul Reed Smith, love on ya & all the best AL

Hey everyone I'm a new member just privately purchased a 1993 Dark Blue CE-24. Was looking for this specific model with the alder body , arch top and small heel. None on Craigslist in my surrounding area or at a price I wanted online. So after a broader search I found this baby up in Belfast Maine. After a 800 mile round trip in 30+ hours no sleep some lobster rolls for lunch and pit stop at the & Allagash Brewery in Portland Maine I came home with this baby !! ( I named her Emily after my tasting tour guide at the Brewery).
imagejpeg

Back