New Member Russ73, My S2s...

Russ73

S6pSWsK.jpg

The left is a satin standard 22 in McCarty tobacco sunburst anf the right is a black Mira, love em both! the satin is the best deal on the market in a HH guitar US made, the Mira plays great but the Pups are ehh...might swap them out, with my new SE ZM I have created a little family all within the last 12 months...

The left is a satin standard 22 in McCarty tobacco sunburst anf the right is a black Mira, love em both! the satin is the best deal on the market in a HH guitar US made, the Mira plays great but the Pups are ehh...might swap them out, with my new SE ZM I have created a little family all within the last 12 months...

Nice ones! Quite the collection you're building there.

Due to a parts bin coincidence, I put a set of SE245 pickups (same as in your ZM) in a used Mira, and it's a stellar combo. I even got a set of USA Mira pickups, and ended up switching back to the 245's.

Welcome! I like satin standards and the Mira as well. How different do they sound?

Welcome! I like satin standards and the Mira as well. How different do they sound?
They are completely different, the satin is fatter sounding and thicker but Im not sure if that's a product of the pups, the Mira is great clean and plays great but its more hollow sounding if that makes any sense...both sound great but the satin is my #1 right now...

As I used to tell my last girlfriend, nice set you got there. Make sure you try adjusting the pickups before you yank and replace. PRS pickups are unbelievably adjustable. My luthier once turned the pole piece screws on a pair of old #7`s a half turn and couldn`t believe the difference in the sound. Then he sat down and played it for a half an hour. (He didn`t Bill me for that).

Back