New member, new PRS CE24

Vader

Hello everyone!

I've been playing guitar for 32 of my 44 years, mostly heavy metal. I've owned lots of guitars in that time, including several PRS SE Paul Allender models. I took lessons from Paul several years ago and I still have a Ghost Burst PA SE. I really like nice guitars and I love black, red and silverburst style finishes.

For the last few months I was planning on getting a new guitar but I was kinda stuck as to what I really wanted. I already have a Les Paul and Explorer that I like and a couple of Jacksons. While I was shopping around online I came across a 2019 CE24 in solid gloss black with a satin black finished neck. Yes! This could be it!

Never having owned a USA PRS, I reached out to a friend in California (I'm in Mississippi) for his advice. He told me he wasn't a huge PRS fan but he knew somebody who works at the PTC and he asked if I wanted to get hooked up with him to answer any questions I had. Through the power of the internet I met James 'Skitchy' Zimmers who works at the PTC. He answered my questions and we hit it off pretty well.

I bought the guitar and it's beautiful! I changed the cream pickup rings and toggle switch to have an all black look. The neck on this guitar is so straight and true it's crazy. I've owned custom shop guitars that didn't have necks and fretwork this true. I have the action on the high e set so low it will hold a .88 Dunlop Tortex at the 12th marker and the guitar will still bend and not fret out anywhere. Normally I'll have to level and dress the frets on any guitar I get (even new ones) to satisfy my action and playability requirements. Not this CE24! It's great. I'm sold on the USA PRS line.

Sorry that I can't provide pics yet. This is my first post. I will as soon as I can though.

Welcome to the Enabler's Club! Go make some "Nice guitar" or "Congrats" on some NGD posts to get your count high enough to post pics. Then you'll need to use a third party hosting site to post your NGD pics. Until then, how do we know you didn't buy and Epi??o_O

What's your next PRS gonna be???

;) thanks! It might be an Epi:cool:. I mostly do Facebook or Instagram posting so I'm not up on forums as much; who is a good third party host? I know Photobucket used to be. Please advise.

;) thanks! It might be an Epi:cool:. I mostly do Facebook or Instagram posting so I'm not up on forums as much; who is a good third party host? I know Photobucket used to be. Please advise.
I use Imagur. It works alright for hosting.

Having trouble getting these pics to embed in the thread...

The way I do it is...

After loading up the picture in Imgur, I right click the image, select "Copy Image Address". Then, in the thread, I click the image icon, "paste" the image address I just copied, and boom...there she is!
LTZMa9d.jpg

That guitar looks absolutely killer all blacked out like that. So very well done, sir!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!!

Welcome to the forum. Fine looking guitar.

The force seems to be becoming dark on here! Your buddy Darth Paul (Reed Smith) came on board recently :D

Yes indeed, be one with the dark side, all black is a league of its own. Congrats, you are gonna love it long time!

Indeed. All my guitars are some shade of black except for the silverburst LP and Ghost Burst PA SE and they're still mostly black.

Welcome to the Enabler's Club! Go make some "Nice guitar" or "Congrats" on some NGD posts to get your count high enough to post pics. Then you'll need to use a third party hosting site to post your NGD pics. Until then, how do we know you didn't buy and Epi??o_O

What's your next PRS gonna be???

You know, that's a great question. If I could find a Custom 24 in scarlet red burst or silverburst that would definitely have my attention. If I'm dreaming? A modified Private Stock version of Paul Allender's guitar. He sent me photos of them when I took lessons from him. He has two identical ones that were for touring. I'd do the bat inlays on the neck with a trans silverburst quilt top.

Welcome to the forum, killer axe! Well done on the black ring swap out, that thing is like Disaster Area's sun diving stunt-ship.

Back