New member looking for help

David

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I'm looking forward to being a active member here. I'm hoping you guys could help me out. I've been driving myself crazy for months trying to decide which color Custom 24 to buy. I really like Goldtop, Blue Crab Blue, Eriza Verde, Amber Black and McCarty Tabacco. I know that's a lot to choose from but I can't narrow it down to one. I do love the Goldtop and I'd say it's at the top right now but I haven't seen in person Amber Black, Blue Crab or McCarty Tabacco. I can't find any of those in my area and I've drivin several hours to shop at multiple guitar shops. I realize that ultimately I'm making the decision but if maybe you guys could sway or give some input, I'd be very happy. And if anyone owns a Blue Crab, Amber Blk or McCary Tabacco and could share a pic that'll be great to. I've one seen glamour shoots and not real life pictures. Thank you for helping.

Personally, for your 1st PRS, I'd go with a trans top to see the maple. I like blue crab blue with the natural back myself. There's plenty of dealers with good pics that are non-glamour(not much processing or filter use).

One thing to remember is that all of the stains vary a little bit from guitar to guitar, as you've probably already noticed at the dealerships you've already visited. And of course, camera and lighting will vary the color of a picture; for example I have two pictures of the same guitar that look like they're different colors (not a color you're interested in, by the way, or I'd certainly post it).

You'll certainly see lots of colors on some of the other enthusiast sites, like Vintage Rocker and The Gear Page, both in the threads about the guitars, and in their for sale sections, where people usually post pictures.

Sometimes it just comes down to finding the right guitar, and lots of the better dealers post their inventories online with pictures.

Go with what you love. I debated getting a Goldtop for days, but in the end that's what I really loved. PRS makes a beautiful Goldtop, and its a classic look. I already had a premium flamed guitar, and I didn't need another one.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the type-o's. I posted that with my iPhone while watching the game. Anyway, I really like the natural back like Eriza, BCB, and Gold top comes with as apposed to the darker finish or black back. And a binding is a MUST! If Black Gold had a binding then I woulda probably bought that months ago. I agree with vchizzle about a trans top but I'm a sucker for Gold tops and I think PRS got it right especially on the CU24 model. I like how it looks vs. the DGT Gold top. So I guess until I can see the colors BCB, Amb Blk and McCarty Tobacco up close, I'll have to put the purchase on hold. Any recommended online dealers some of you guys might prefer?

Don't think we're supposed to mention specific dealers here? people could DM you though.

Well I have the next two days off so I'm headed to Miami which is 100 miles south of me to hit a bunch of PRS dealers and see what they have. I'm leaving now so hopefully I'll return with some news.

You'll certainly see lots of colors on some of the other enthusiast sites, like Vintage Rocker and The Gear Page, both in the threads about the guitars, and in their for sale sections, where people usually post pictures.

Reposting other member's comments as your own - especially when you're SPAM'ing - is a one-way ticket to Banville.

smoking-gun.jpg

Back