New member and NGD - DGT GT

IceCreMan

Hi all,

New member to the forum. I've been reading a lot about the DGT over the past few months and have been dying to try one. I've been looking for something with a trem that felt somewhat similar to my Les Paul and about a week and half ago a 2012 Gold Top DGT popped up in a GC about an hour from me so I decided to go check it out. All I have to say is thank god I have a GC card because there was no way I was leaving without that guitar.

I have to say that this is the best playing guitar I've ever picked up and I own Gibsons, EBMM's, EVH's and Fenders so that's saying a lot. Everything about this guitar from the trem to the pickups to the overall sound and feel are incredible. Now I get what all the PRS hubbub is about. It has become my #1. Anyhoo, the pics are below (taken from my phone but they'll do).

20151125_195415.jpg

20151125_195404.jpg

Nice! I just posted a NGD thread for my DGT. I am still learning it's nuances, and tweaking it a little here and there, but it is quickly becoming my #1. The pickups are absolutely killer!

Nice! I just posted a NGD thread for my DGT. I am still learning it's nuances, and tweaking it a little here and there, but it is quickly becoming my #1. The pickups are absolutely killer!

And yours is a beauty. It's funny, you wanted birds not moons, I wanted moons not birds. Go figure (the birds have grown on me though). The pickups are awesome and the coil splitting is fantastic. I have a few guitars that do the coil split but this is the first guitar I actually use it on. I always thought it was a wasted feature until now. I'm really surprised with the frets as well. I didn't think I'd like the jumbos but on this guitar they are perfect.

DGT Goldtops are HOT...birds or not...that is a purty guitfiddle and I am glad you are getting on so well with her! Now's the time when you start looking at the rest of your guitars and trying to figure out how many of those it will take to get you into PRS #2 ;) Congrats!

Love it and great colour, congrats !!
I loved my DGT so much I bought another, I have birds and moons ;) my two main gigging guitars !

Enjoy !!

Good work! That is a beauty. DGT for the win. Enjoy the heck out of it.

Yea, the jumbo frets usually aren't my thing either. I think they work on this guitar because of the level of finishing they get. My guess is that in order to be as good as they make them, the board has to be really flat to begin with, then they work them down further than most other manufacturers. All that crowning and polishing takes material off the fret, so a PRS core jumbo fret isn't as large, as say a Fender jumbo fret. I had a highway one tele a few years ago with jumbo frets. They were huge!

Congrats. Thats awsome. Your first PRS will more than likely make you question all your non PRS guitars.

I Managed to aquire three core models this year without selling anything. Wifey has now laid down the law.

No more PRSZ for me !

You scored the gold brother, what more can you ask for?
another PRS perhaps?
Congrats, keep on rock in' :top:

That's a beaut!! Got mine in July and was surprised how fast it took over the #1 spot. They're great axes!!

Back