New Member and First PRS - '97 CE24

AP515 - Thanks for that link. I think the only thing I'm not getting properly is step #4. I initially tried to do it the first night I received the guitar and when I went to push the wing to "lock it" - the string starting really increasing in pitch and then broke the string. I tried this about three times; breaking three strings.

So all I'm doing now is getting the string in the slot and pulling hard and wait for it to catch and then tune to pitch. I'm not "locking the wing" - so a little worried the string my slip out.

After this gig and hoping the strings stay secure :) - I'll try the locking part again.

Thanks everyone!!! Bodie

Hey Bodie, if the locking move is breaking strings, don't do it. I've changed strings many times and didn't push on the wing. If they are setting the string against the cam then they work just fine. The reason to do it is to "lock" it sure, but if it is already locked you will just be pressing down and flattening the string. That flat spot is what is breaking. If you have to pull down on the wing to get it to release from the string when you are taking strings off then it is already locking.

Back