New Member and a question

MarshallMike

First hello!
I am a long time Ibanez Prestige RG guy. I have found myself recently acquiring some PRS guitars. Mainly SE models like 22 & 24 custom/ custom Floyd Rose models. These have been ok but not really doing it for me. I have played several used SE 245's in some stores and really liked them. I finally just bit the bullet and purchased a new 2018 SE 245 from Sweetwater. Beautiful guitar and plays very well. The contrast of the neck to my Ibb'ys is quite fun to experience. Love that chunky neck and short scale! The pups are a little two bright for me.
Was recently in a store with my brother who was shopping for a guitar. I kept handing him different ones to check out. I ended up grabbing a PRS S2 Standard in cherry satin. Before I gave it to him I plugged it in and hit two chords...….and said quote, " UHM, this is going home with me today". And, it did! Awesome guitar! Love the sound and playability of this one!
Ok, so to my question: I also have a SE Custom 22 that the previous owner put a set of Core Mira PUPS in. How do these Mira pups compare with the S2 85/15 S pups? Was wondering about maybe trying those Mira pups in my SE 245?
Any thoughts?

I have never owned mira pickups, but if your 245’s pups are too bright, the first response you’ll get from most peeps on the forum will be to try and adjust your pickup height before you think about changing them. A small drop in height goes along way! :)

I have never owned mira pickups, but if your 245’s pups are too bright, the first response you’ll get from most peeps on the forum will be to try and adjust your pickup height before you think about changing them. A small drop in height goes along way! :)
Yes, pickup height, the first thing I tried. It's till there just quieter.
Anyone else have an SE 245 and changed pups because they thought it was a bit too bright? Oh, I guess I should say, I am referring to the bridge pup not the neck. I like the neck pup in it.

Yes, pickup height, the first thing I tried. It's till there just quieter.
Anyone else have an SE 245 and changed pups because they thought it was a bit too bright? Oh, I guess I should say, I am referring to the bridge pup not the neck. I like the neck pup in it.

I took the SE 245s out of my Bernie and installed a set of Bare Knuckle Abraxsas. Fantastic!

Mira's are powerful and edgy. They are built for the all hog Mira and they sound great in it. You can try them in the SC245. See what you think.

Back