New M1 Lappletop

Same for mine - it's dedicated to music stuff. I do look at one e-mail account on it because that's where all my plug-ins are registered. Other than that, it's stuff related to music. And I can't lie - I considered going to a laptop for the new one, but since I only use it in my little basement area, I decided it wasn't worth it. Plus my old eyes need a bigger screen.
I wussed out at the last minute, I planned on buying a MacMini and a used Slate Raven.

Then both my sump pumps went out, my dumb cat is still alive, and my basement, which used to be all mine, has been invaded by my wife. It all lead me to believe that I may never have a dedicated music space again.

I wussed out at the last minute, I planned on buying a MacMini and a used Slate Raven.

Then both my sump pumps went out, my dumb cat is still alive, and my basement, which used to be all mine, has been invaded by my wife. It all lead me to believe that I may never have a dedicated music space again.
That blows!

Aside from the water and cat, it’s fine.

It’s not like I’m keeping the lights on with my $4 ASCAP checks. My wife and son need the space.
Yeah, the pumps was what I was talking about. The one for my washer died a couple of months ago. Of course, I didn’t know until I walked into a flooded laundry room.

My Recording and audio stuff only runs on an original G3 mac Mini , my interface and old protools will not work on a newer OS , I have several newer Macs waiting in the wings if I ever upgrade but I'm a cheap ass with that stuff. Need the cash for more guitars

I've been slacking recently. For 20+ years I've always bought the parts and assembled my own computers. My current one is no slouch but it it not Windows 11 compatible. I guess I'll have to build another one in the near future but I REALLY don't like the direction that the whole computer world is going where "they" want you to save all your data on a cloud where it can be sifted through and scrutinized by anyone who has the clout to look at it. I don't want anyone snooping through my stuff anymore than you want me snooping through your stuff.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
ASUS Motherboard
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
1 TB Hard Drive which has the operating system.
4 TB Hard Drive which has regular data storage
32" Monitor

I've been slacking recently. For 20+ years I've always bought the parts and assembled my own computers. My current one is no slouch but it it not Windows 11 compatible. I guess I'll have to build another one in the near future but I REALLY don't like the direction that the whole computer world is going where "they" want you to save all your data on a cloud where it can be sifted through and scrutinized by anyone who has the clout to look at it. I don't want anyone snooping through my stuff anymore than you want me snooping through your stuff.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
ASUS Motherboard
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
1 TB Hard Drive which has the operating system.
4 TB Hard Drive which has regular data storage
32" Monitor
If a company wants my info, they should allow me to opt in, and then pay me for it.

I've never seen the point in buying a Mac laptop. I think it is a very well-publicized device and nothing more. It has many flaws that make it impossible to work, study, or play. The only advantage of Apple laptops over other manufacturers is the convenient form factor. That is the end of all the advantages of these laptops for me. If you thought my criticism was unfounded, I could tell you that I used my Mac for a year and sold it because it did not support raid configurations and always failed. Because of that, I got such a negative impression. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

FfRh.gif

Also, GarageBand kicks all sorts of ass for something that is just included in every iThing made.
Yeah it does! Man, I did have too much hassle finding ways to get signal in and out of my iPad though.

I bought so many dongles and wimpy cables… and dongles for f@cking dongles trying to use GB while I procrastinated buying this Lappletop that I gave up.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) all those dongles are still of use to me now with this new MBP (slams nuts in door).

I've been using a Mac Pro 2013 trashcan for about six years now. TB2 connections with full sized USB slots. When I bought an Apollo X6 last year I had to make connections with USB, TB2 and now TB3. I found that this was great in providing all sorts of connection alternatives, although I still had to buy two TB3>TB2 connectors. I like using a dock.

I've been using a Mac Pro 2013 trashcan for about six years now. TB2 connections with full sized USB slots. When I bought an Apollo X6 last year I had to make connections with USB, TB2 and now TB3. I found that this was great in providing all sorts of connection alternatives, although I still had to buy two TB3>TB2 connectors. I like using a dock.

Ooh

Back