New life in my CE

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I got a wild hair yesterday and pulled pickups out of my CE.

It had dual push pulls but I'm convinced something with this configuration alters tone of the pickups.

Since I've been hoarding 5310s I decided to throw a set in it but go back to rotary switching.

Once I got wiring done I was just going to plug in to make sure it worked before I button it up.
I ended up playing it for an hour or so, I just can't get over how good this guitar sounds with 5310s in it.

I think I need to flip a magnet to get positions 2 3 4 correct but Holy cow does it sound good in positions 1 and 5!!

I think I'll need two parts drawers going forward!!!

Which pickups did you have in there before? I have a '20 CE, I really like the 85/15 that are in it, and the split coil feature works fine to me.

Which pickups did you have in there before? I have a '20 CE, I really like the 85/15 that are in it, and the split coil feature works fine to me.
I had 5708s but threw a 5909 in bridge position.

I really do think the dual push pulls change the pickups tone a bit so maybe going to rotary switch made a big difference.

I had a set of 8515s in my 2000 McCarty. Still have the neck pickup but didn't care for bridge PU. That neck PU in that guitar is my absolute favorite.

I'll work with these 5310s some more to dial them in but so far I'm just blown away by how the set is sounding.

Bridge measured 8.53 k and it's clearly not as powerful as 5909 in my cu24 but it is soo smooth and mellow.

Found myself noodling around with ACDC and Zep riffs for an hour last night.

Just got my last UK greenback today so my project for tonight is to load a jcm cab with 4 UK greenbacks.

I'm ditching that stupid stereo switch and light wiring too. Complete do over!

Last edited:
Reactions: IRG
Back