New Korina Guitar Day

I just got a note from the guy I got this guitar from, he had inquired to PRS about the guitar and forwarded me a note that he got back and it seems I scored one with a Brazzy board. That’s a plus.

“Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars. Serial #126241 is consistent with a 2007 McCarty Korina, with a Korina back and neck, Wide-Fat neck profile, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard with bird inlays, finished in Vintage Natural with nickel hardware, and McCarty Treble & Bass pickups.”

I just got a note from the guy I got this guitar from, he had inquired to PRS about the guitar and forwarded me a note that he got back and it seems I scored one with a Brazzy board. That’s a plus.

“Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars. Serial #126241 is consistent with a 2007 McCarty Korina, with a Korina back and neck, Wide-Fat neck profile, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard with bird inlays, finished in Vintage Natural with nickel hardware, and McCarty Treble & Bass pickups.”

Even better! Can't wait for you to sell it to me. ;)

Korina (aka Limba) is a very nice "tone wood". But it's not rare or magical. All modern Reverend guitars are made with Korina for example.
The normal Korina is actually white Limba, and usually very attractive, like these McKorinas. Then there is "Black Limba", which can be absolutely stunning... like this Warmoth bass body my wife built up some years back...

KPZO3dB.jpg

Because people are dumb. I’d take a KL33 over an Artist package anything every day of the week.
Tell me about it! I'd kill for a Santana-bodied DC-22 which was also "never regarded as particularly high-end." One of the originals, that is--with vintage nitro finish, satin neck, and covered 59/09 pickups? Holy heck.

Back