New Korina Guitar Day

Got to plug it in today through my Deluxe Reverb and it plays and sounds really good clean, even the splits sounded decent.

Might be a couple of days til I can play loud but I am expecting it to do the business through the Helios…..

JeajrHX.jpg

I did not need to see this…….never even heard of this one………and it’s a stoptail………oh my goodness…..

https://reverb.com/item/48027411-prs-korina-custom-24-limited-edition-model-natural

That's bada$$. I've never heard of these, either

Ah yes, the elusive and limited (but never regarded as particularly high-end) "KL" series, from 2008-2009, with only 100 of each built. All of them are all-korina in natural finish with dot/moon inlays:
KL-33 -- Santana-style setup with 245/Mira pickups
KL-1812 -- Standard 24-style setup with 245/Mira pickups and McCarty controls
KL-380 -- Custom 22-style setup with triple Soapbar pickups​
(The numbers after the "KL-" represent the street addresses of the factory [or lack of a factory @ 33 West St.?], signifying the era after which the guitar is inspired. Pretty cool, eh?)

I'm sure all are great guitars (and wouldn't it be amazing to collect the whole set? :eek:) And the KL1812 especially probably competes with the McCarty Korina series, at least a little. But this one here on Reverb seems overpriced, I think--at least, I paid way less than that for my McKorina.

Ah yes, the elusive and limited (but never regarded as particularly high-end) "KL" series, from 2008-2009, with only 100 of each built. All of them are all-korina in natural finish with dot/moon inlays:
(The numbers after the "KL-" represent the street addresses of the factory [or lack of a factory @ 33 West St.?], signifying the era after which the guitar is inspired. Pretty cool, eh?)

I'm sure all are great guitars (and wouldn't it be amazing to collect the whole set? :eek:) And the KL1812 especially probably competes with the McCarty Korina series, at least a little. But this one here on Reverb seems overpriced, I think--at least, I paid way less than that for my McKorina.

I watch this series and have for a while.. It's absolutely overpriced by a large percentage.

Don't forget the 100 piece Korina Mira run. Not sure if it had a KL designation.

Yeah World Guitars in Stonehouse UK had KL33 until like 2 months ago. I should get it, I should...

Back