New knobs on my PRS SE

sadmoodyfrazier

Just placed a couple of clear knobs. I like them so much and the numbers are really better readable.

119612922_2730225323890901_5607258152618669183_n.jpg

119514018_2730225360557564_5484799632951140088_n.jpg

Nope... nothing good here. Knobs were too deep touching and scratching the top. Sent back in a while. Seems that PRS does everything totally different from anyone else. Guess why.

Nope... nothing good here. Knobs were too deep touching and scratching the top. Sent back in a while. Seems that PRS does everything totally different from anyone else. Guess why.
Maybe instead of switching out everything on this guitar, leave them as-is - PRS has put together a great instrument that is uniquely a PRS.

Edit: The pots have threaded shafts. There's a nut on top that you see, and there might be one underneath that sets the depth of the pot. It might just be a matter of lowering the internal nut (raising the pot) so you can use the knobs you like.
pt0004_dimension_550b.gif

Last edited:
The pots have threaded shafts. There's a nut on top that you see, and there's a nut underneath that sets the depth of the pot. It might just be a matter of lowering the internal nut (raising the pot) so you can use the knobs you like.
pt0004_dimension_550b.gif
No depth nut on mine. Yours has one because it's an hollow body so the top is thinner.

Apologies, I should have said 'likely' or something. That's why I said "It might just be a matter of lowering the nut." In the past 4 months I've bought over a dozen pots as I'm building several guitars.They all come with the depth nut - CTS, Alpha, Bournes, etc. I prefer to use them where I can rather than cutting the shaft.

Apologies, I should have said 'likely' or something. That's why I said "It might just be a matter of lowering the nut." In the past 4 months I've bought over a dozen pots as I'm building several guitars.They all come with the depth nut - CTS, Alpha, Bournes, etc. I prefer to use them where I can rather than cutting the shaft.
No problem man... I've never found the depth nut, unfortunately, every time I've bought pots. Even if it would have been useful. The problem here is that the knurled shaft is shorter than usually so the knobs goes all the way down touching the top. As soon I will change the pots with cts with longer knurled shaft I'm pretty sure it will fix. Anyway if it doesn't i will left the stock knobs and I will live with that ones. I have no choice. It's not a main thing.

is it fit perfectly? also, do you know the pickup ring color of the 35th anniversary SE custom 24? I'm not sure if it's ivory or cream...
You know what I think? I would not make my SE just like an American. I mean... it's easy to make a beautiful guitar just mounting american parts on my SE. My goal will be to make a beautiful guitar wich is mine and seems nothing else. The beautiness of PRS is that you are totally free to make every mod you want without worrying about vintage laws like Fender or Gibson. So I would not go for lampshade: first because they cost too much for being just KNOBS, second because I can't afford them, third because 90% of PRSs has that knobs. I'm not sure if I've been clear.

Back