New in the forum

Hi, Paolo!

If the desire takes hold, you are smitten. You can choose to ignore the desire and uproot it before it takes hold, or you can let the desire grow deep. If the love you experience for what you feel is good, I am confident that you will choose wisely. Otherwise, turn and run, fast and far away, for this forum is filled with enablers who will suggest you buy not only just 1 guitar, but many. And your wallet will see the results of your choices.

Don't listen to CandidPicker, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

So, what you need to do: Show your teach who's cool, and order a Private Stock PRS. This will take a while to make, so, in the meantime, go on Reverb and get a wood library or other premium PRS to fill the space while you wait.

You will also probably want a guitar for gigging, the two you have now will be too precious to risk damaging, so think about getting a Silver Sky, or perhaps a CE 24, might just want to get both to be safe.

A McCarty with soap bars is an essential part of any rig, so plan on that. Also, a Santana, can't call yourself a real PRS collector without at least one of those.

From there it's up to you!

Welcome to the forum!

Don't listen to CandidPicker, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

So, what you need to do: Show your teach who's cool, and order a Private Stock PRS. This will take a while to make, so, in the meantime, go on Reverb and get a wood library or other premium PRS to fill the space while you wait.

You will also probably want a guitar for gigging, the two you have now will be too precious to risk damaging, so think about getting a Silver Sky, or perhaps a CE 24, might just want to get both to be safe.

A McCarty with soap bars is an essential part of any rig, so plan on that. Also, a Santana, can't call yourself a real PRS collector without at least one of those.

From there it's up to you!

Welcome to the forum!

Just trying to save the new guy some cash, and not empty his wallet immediately...perhaps the wise choice is to look for used guitars (yeah, that's the ticket) and begin by not putting $12K USD into a PS. And you say, I don't know what I'm speaking about? :rolleyes:o_O;)

and begin by not putting $12K USD into a PS.

Don't be silly, a PS can be gotten for as little as $8k new! It's not going to be super fancy, sure, but it will be acceptable to post pictures of it here.

You say all we do is encourage people to spend all their money on PRSi, this is not true.

We encourage you to spend all your money on PRSi *and* post pictures of them here.

Don't be silly, a PS can be gotten for as little as $8k new! It's not going to be super fancy, sure, but it will be acceptable to post pictures of it here.

You say all we do is encourage people to spend all their money on PRSi, this is not true.

We encourage you to spend all your money on PRSi *and* post pictures of them here.

9bN9Zgc.gif

Thanks to all for your warm welcome, someone proposed to me a pre factory 1992 C24, what do you think about it?

Thanks to all for your warm welcome, someone proposed to me a pre factory 1992 C24, what do you think about it?

Paolo,

A lot of discussion has been bantered about on guitar forums about "pre-factory" PRS guitars. You might wish to read the section in these forums that speaks about PRS nomenclature (that is, descriptions of PRS guitars, their abbreviations and designations, build quality, history, etc.)

I think you'll gain some knowledge after you read these sections, and it will protect you against possible loss of money if perhaps you might be "taken in" (or de-frauded) if someone misrepresented a guitar.

That being said, I might be wrong. But it would not hurt to read the forum section that can help you be more aware of what certain PRS guitars might be worth to you.

Here, from this forum:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/the-prs-lexicon.1044/

Ciao Paolo e benvenuto a bordo.
Nice to see the italian army growin' in this forum.
As someone before me suggested, don't get distracted by terms like pre-factory or something.
Used prs here are overpriced even without the "once they did it better" factor.

You're welcome, i live in Emilia, place famous for food, you'll like it for sure
Better known for sport cars Paolo!

Last edited:
I all from Italy,
i'm in trouble guys because i tried my teacher's Custom 24, and now, what i have to do?

I remember when I was a kid (19) & just starting. I wanted a Les Paul Standard but knew they were out of reach. & they were. Now i've got four Les Pauls, & two core PRSi & an S2 (& a bunch of other brands).

Patience. It'll come to you. & shop used.

Back