New HX?

“There is someone walking beside you… urn around, look at me…”

Disclaimer: You’ll have to have some miles on the odometer to recognize that.
Not that old. It was used in a recent movie series. Final Destination iirc

Not that old. It was used in a recent movie series. Final Destination iirc
Looked it up… it was used as recently as a 2019 Volkswagen commercial showing the perennially-inattentive cell phone generation. So you’re right, it’s been heard recently! But if you know where it came from, you remember things like Woodstock (the real one) being a current event, Elvis looking good in leather, and news stations being embarrassed if they put out a story that wasn’t true. It was a different world.

Looked it up… it was used as recently as a 2019 Volkswagen commercial showing the perennially-inattentive cell phone generation. So you’re right, it’s been heard recently! But if you know where it came from, you remember things like Woodstock (the real one) being a current event, Elvis looking good in leather, and news stations being embarrassed if they put out a story that wasn’t true. It was a different world.

Agree, but weren't you in elementary school in 1969 when Woodstock happened? ;)

Agree, but weren't you in elementary school in 1969 when Woodstock happened? ;)
9 or 10, but was living in Jersey City at the time, two hours from Max’s farm, and it was what all my Mom’s friends talked about at the time so I have pretty vivid memories of the events and vibe that was happening. She was a music freak who, although she didn’t play an instrument, had every kind of popular music blaring in the house all day. All her friends were like that, so I was exposed to lots of music (and other things) at an early time of life. Lots of acts like Dr Hook & The Medicine Show and the Manhattans were getting their starts playing in local clubs, and just seemed like local guys hanging out. It was a unique time, and I saw a lot (good and bad) for a kid just breaking into double digits. The tattoo I have on my right forearm came in 1970, if that gives you any indication. It was the Wild West, in the East.

9 or 10, but was living in Jersey City at the time, two hours from Max’s farm, and it was what all my Mom’s friends talked about at the time so I have pretty vivid memories of the events and vibe that was happening. She was a music freak who, although she didn’t play an instrument, had every kind of popular music blaring in the house all day. All her friends were like that, so I was exposed to lots of music (and other things) at an early time of life. Lots of acts like Dr Hook & The Medicine Show and the Manhattans were getting their starts playing in local clubs, and just seemed like local guys hanging out. It was a unique time, and I saw a lot (good and bad) for a kid just breaking into double digits. The tattoo I have on my right forearm came in 1970, if that gives you any indication. It was the Wild West, in the East.

I was in college. It was the wild Midwest in Ann Arbor in 1969. A few friends were going to go and asked me to join them, but...they didn't go, so I didn't go.

When the movie came out I went to see it pretty loaded, and I thought I was there. Hahaha! ;)

He can’t read.

But oddly enough, he can write.

'Tis a conundrum.

You know, in my heart, I want to do everything for you guys. However, I just don't have the time right now. Maybe tonight after I get done working in the yard, I'll have time to go back and read the whole thread. Well, if I can, that is.

I'll let you know what I come up with.

But oddly enough, he can write.

'Tis a conundrum.

I wonder if this is just a manifestation of the infinite monkeys/infinite typewriters scenario. I'm not sure how it works w/internet posting. Maybe just another level of complexity, making it all the more unlikely.

Back