New HX/DA amp coming?

I dig what you're saying, and I think it's pretty obvious that I'm a PRS fanboy. My question is: Why would you look for a JCM800-type amp from PRS?
Don't get me wrong, I'm following these b/c I'm excited to see what they come out, but not for my Marshall tones. I have Marshalls for that. :D

All of the amps here in some way big or small "inspired by" amps. Plexi Recto F.....

This is just another flavor.

Being a '60s kinda guy, I always thought Marshall took a wrong turn starting with those JCM800s. The tone is so harsh and dry! I have much more of a "Live at the Fillmore" or Jimi type of tone in my head. Or even AC/DC.

The JCM800 sound put me off Marshalls for a long time, until I worked with Laurie Wisefield (Wishbone Ash, Clapton, Ringo Starr) on a project where he used a JTM45. Of course, that was more in the Plexi direction, however he got killer, killer tone. And what a phenomenal player!

But that's just me. The rest of the world clearly disagrees, since those JCM type amps sell like hotcakes! I will say that the single channel PRS amps aren't necessarily pedal platforms, but they're for a different player than someone seeking JCM800 tones.

If I wanted something more JCM800, I'd probably look at Friedman or Suhr.

I hear you...

I DO have two Friedmans (BE 50 Deluxe JJ Jr. ) and a heavily modded Marshall JVM

If she feels like being extra-generous to a complete stranger... :p

Something tells me the last thing she would want is for me to see what you already have going on at your place!

All of the amps here in some way big or small "inspired by" amps. Plexi Recto F.....

This is just another flavor.

I dig it, sorry if I came across another way. I was (mostly) teasing about "why not just use a Marshall". :D

Something tells me the last thing she would want is for me to see what you already have going on at your place!

If I had your remodeling chops I'd redo my dang room and make it as nice looking as your studio. You did such a fantastic job.

If I had your remodeling chops I'd redo my dang room and make it as nice looking as your studio. You did such a fantastic job.

Thanks Les, that means a lot coming from you.
I see it as a math problem: we each have X hours in the day, and chose how to allocate them. The more you spend in one area, the less in another. If I had more music and recording chops, I'd likely have less remodeling chops. Depending on the day, and what I'm doing, my preference goes either way.

I LOVE the new room, and it's been a great motivator for playing every night. That being said, I'd probably be further along in my musical journey if I spent more time practicing and jamming, and less time on all the home improvement tasks. Then again, I might NOT be the guy with the shortest Honey-Do list if I traded.

If the Honey-Do list were longer, would I still have less time to practice? ;)

The original HXDA was available as a 50W and 100W, so maybe this is a prototype based on the older 100W chassis?

I'd like a 100W version; it'd be a different amp from my current HXDA because of the headroom. I'd get one (and I'd keep my current one as well).
And you thought it was hard to get a manual for the ones that were already out ....Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

Last edited:
He did it again!!! In an episode where he buys and reviews a Klon!!

Pretty decent video, but you can skip to the 6 min mark if you want to see the amp.

Back