New humbuckers for sc250?

Kassu

Greetings from finland! I just purchased my first prs, and its just an incredible instrument. Now i need to replace these original 250 pickups for something more suitable for playing metal.

I was thinking about placing something "hot sounding", like a duncan distortion to bridge and paf pro with a "split option" to the neck.
My other option for the bridge would be something ceramic from the bareknuckle.
(I love the ceramic painkiller on my strat, but its still a little too " modern sounding" for this guitar, atleast for my ears.)

So basically i am lookin a "mean" and at the same time clear sounding bridge pickup that relates to sounds from bands like metallica, maiden, pantera, megadeth etc.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks for any advice:)

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I really enjoy the SC250 pickups for the hard rock music I play, and they sound great with the 90's and newer rock/pop genre I play in cover bands.

I enjoy them so much that I replaced the pups in my old SG with SC250 pups. I also plan on getting at least a treble SC250 pup for my SE MM Baritone.

These are very close to the Tremonti branded pups as far as I can tell, I've owned two sets of those in the past as well. I just like that they're both uncovered because cleaning the pup covers is a pain.

I am pretty sure that the SC250 was marketed toward the rock/hard rock genre. It is one of PRS's higher output pickup. I know of more than a few hard rock guitarists that play them. The SC245 was marketed for a more vintage sounding guitar and pickup.

If you are looking for something different because they don't sound like you want them to sound, you could try either the Tremonti or the \m/ Pickups. All of them are on par as far as output goes. The \m/ may be more what you are looking for though.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I really enjoy the SC250 pickups for the hard rock music I play, and they sound great with the 90's and newer rock/pop genre I play in cover bands.

I enjoy them so much that I replaced the pups in my old SG with SC250 pups. I also plan on getting at least a treble SC250 pup for my SE MM Baritone.

These are very close to the Tremonti branded pups as far as I can tell, I've owned two sets of those in the past as well. I just like that they're both uncovered because cleaning the pup covers is a pain.

I have a sc250 bridge pickup I would let go. Fyi

Back