New here, very curious about SC250 Artist Package

Rajkumar Sundram

Just like the title suggests, I've been lurking these forums for years and figured I might as well join the festivities. Apologies if I'm putting this in the wrong section.

I've got a PRS CE24 with SD Alpha Omegas and a Wood Library SC594 semi hollow with 58/15 LT's. Love them both but I've always been drooling after a Blue Matteo (I've read that this color is a sacrilege to some) SC250 Artist Package.

Gold hardware, colorful abalone bird inlays (sucker for the deep greens and blues), Brazilian rosewood fretboard, and a nice greenish blue over flame or quilt.

Anyone ever play or own one? I actually found one, my DREAM guitar, for a day but the seller straight up lied to me about some "NEW OLD STOCK!" and I was forced to return it. White clouding everywhere, nonfunctioning bass pickup, and the absolute worst packaging I've ever witnessed which caused me to just be concerned of any other problems. I should have just kept it, but principle alone made me send it back.

Should I be satisfied with what I have? Is that even something we are capable of here? I think I probably need an answer ...for my wife ;)

Lol I've seen this equation before and I think it applies.

Any Sonic qualities I'd be missing out on if I decided to do the unthinkable: save my money?

Also, do people trade or sell on this website or is that a no-no? I didn't see it in the rules but I was also skimming them with a toddler crawling all over me.

Thanks for any help!

I had a whale blue SC250 Artist pack, with abalone hollow birds and Maccasar Ebony for the fretboard and headoverlay. I had an SC245 57/08 Limited at the same time. The 250 was clearly the modern guitar. It had the 250 pickups which, if memory serves, are the same as Tremonti pickups. The 245 was the vintage guitar.

Side by side, the 250 felt stiffer (but still super easy PRS playability) and I did change the pickups. For note, that 250 was the only PRS I ever did an immediate pickup change (well, after a week or two). Once I put more soulful pickups on it, I was happy.

Do it!!!

Well I haven't played a 250 but would expect it's in a similar area as a 594. It depends what your after. Me, I'd recommend a CU24, Hollowbody, Paul's or DGT - just for something really different. There's of course no wrong choice.

OH, they don't allow public sales here.
Thank you so much for responding!
I had a whale blue SC250 Artist pack, with abalone hollow birds and Maccasar Ebony for the fretboard and headoverlay. I had an SC245 57/08 Limited at the same time. The 250 was clearly the modern guitar. It had the 250 pickups which, if memory serves, are the same as Tremonti pickups. The 245 was the vintage guitar.

Side by side, the 250 felt stiffer (but still super easy PRS playability) and I did change the pickups. For note, that 250 was the only PRS I ever did an immediate pickup change (well, after a week or two). Once I put more soulful pickups on it, I was happy.

Do it!!!

This indeed helps a TON! My sc594 has a very vintage feel and I think my CE24 covers the modern territory with the Alpha Omega pickups. I think it is just lust not love I am feeling. I'll probably still buy one eventually for the eye candy and swap pickups.

Well I haven't played a 250 but would expect it's in a similar area as a 594. It depends what your after. Me, I'd recommend a CU24, Hollowbody, Paul's or DGT - just for something really different. There's of course no wrong choice.

OH, they don't allow public sales here.

Thanks so much for this. Definitely been wanting to try a DGT after hearing and seeing all the testimonies. How does a CU24 feel on comparison to one? I've only played two or three CU24s.

Do it!!!

Also, which pickups did you replace them with? I bet that whale blue looked amazing with that fretboard... Super jelly.

Back