New HDRX Amps

FunkyFreeman

Moo Panuwat

Wondering how this new HDRX differ from recently-debuted HX amps? The HX seems to be replaced with HDRX on the website. Anyone has any insight of this sudden update? o_O

Last edited:
A little spider told me a pod of lawyers were involved. Must’ve been quick, the previous name went up in flames faster than a rechargeable wireless transmitter.

(I actually know nothing about what happened)
Ahh I got it. The HX name is identical to the name of those famous multi-effects out there. How come I don’t realize this earlier, my bad… :p

I’m sticking with my HX/DAs, they are the real deal to my ears.

The HXDA and HRDX are fundamentally different amps. The HRDX is a version of Hendrix' highly-modded touring amp that was probably used at Woodstock. The mods make it different from the HXDA, which is essentially a Plexi Superbass that can be switched to a Superlead.

I wouldn't mind having both if I felt the desire.

I was gonna post about this yesterday, but I did some searching through this sub-forum and found this thread that already discussed the new "HX" amp, and even had links to videos that called in the HDRX:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/new-hx.48708/

What I didn't realize was that PRS simply slipped the new videos in where the old ones were, essentially inadvertently reconning the whole thread.

Doh!

The HXDA and HRDX are fundamentally different amps. The HRDX is a version of Hendrix' highly-modded touring amp that was probably used at Woodstock. The mods make it different from the HXDA, which is essentially a Plexi Superbass that can be switched to a Superlead.

And just to clarify, because I just did the same typo (caught it in time) that Les did: the new amp is HDRX (HenDRiX), not HRDX (HotRodDeluXe).

Agreed that it is another phase of the modded Marshall thing, it just doesn’t sound that different (and definitely not better) than the HX/DA. Also grant that I haven’t played one, which was the experience that took me from interested to totally enamored of the HX/DA. So I have to clarify that, for me, I have my Marshall bases covered in the HX/DA. The HenDRiX version might be the bomb for some, and it will carve out its own space if it does, but I found the exact Marshall tone I was looking for… can’t leave Duane behind like that! Lol

Agreed that it is another phase of the modded Marshall thing, it just doesn’t sound that different (and definitely not better) than the HX/DA. Also grant that I haven’t played one, which was the experience that took me from interested to totally enamored of the HX/DA. So I have to clarify that, for me, I have my Marshall bases covered in the HX/DA. The HenDRiX version might be the bomb for some, and it will carve out its own space if it does, but I found the exact Marshall tone I was looking for… can’t leave Duane behind like that! Lol

Well, I feel the same way, but...I'm not foreclosing the possibility. I'm that guy who does things that sometimes are based on pure, irrational, emotion!

But remember, you have one more HXDA than I do!

Well, I feel the same way, but...I'm not foreclosing the possibility. I'm that guy who does things that sometimes are based on pure, irrational, emotion!

But remember, you have one more HXDA than I do!
But you have a DG…. Too bad we don’t live close. We could make a heck of an amp arsenal between us!

Back