New Guy

SunDog

Hi Everybody,

I am John - and am a regular contributor on another PRS enthusiast forum.

I typically only post when I have something to contribute - so you probably won't hear much out of me. When you do, here is the frame of reference from which I post:

I am a performing musician - and I only own guitars for the purpose of playing live. If I don't use a guitar on stage in any 6 month period - I will look to get rid of it. On top of that - I am really just a second bannana R. Guitarist and Lead vocalist for the bands in which I play. I would like to think that I have a real good sense of where to support the group with my playing - and I am comfy with the fact that I most often need a really good lead player to be part of the group as well.

I own three PRS guitars:

1993 Series II EG2 - Seafoam/Pearloid (probably on its way out the door in the next couple of months)
2005 CE-24 - Orange
2010 Mira - Mint Green

Presently I also have a Carvin AC275 that I use as a stage acoustic. It recently replaced my old 1977 Ovation Custom Balladeer that I still own (not worth selling - so it is the exception to my use it or lose it rule)

I own a Rivera M60 amp - but it never leaves the house any more. I am a modeler guy on stage - Digitech RP500 through a Bose L1 system. For acoustic shows - I substitute a Fishman Aura Spectrum DI for the RP500. Other gear items of note; Blue enCore 300 mic and Helicon VoiceLive 2. My bands are all Bose L1 PA gear on stage.

I am a 46 year old business owner that currently plays in two bands :

nine 8 central (n8c) - 4 pc rock cover band
Half Past - Acoustic based gig - 2, 3, or 4 pc

Huge Rush freak. Brand new grandpa.

That's from where I come.

Back