New guy with question

Sinister Kid

Morning! Glad to be here, just one question,
1. Why no pickguard on PRS
2. Has anyone ever put one on? 2a.) Does anyone secretly want to put one on?
C. Doesn't everyone know there's a lot of tone in a pickguard?
Seriously...

Good Morning, Sinister Kid!

There are pickguards on Mira's, EG's, etc. And as far as wanting to put one on my pair of PRSi - uh,NOPE!! :D

I'd have to second on the no thanks on wanting a pickguard. To me, PRS makes an incredible instrument that plays and looks amazing. It's a sleek and classy looking instrument that's look almost gets cheapened by a pickguard. I feel the same way about the blade switch as well. 5-way rotary switch was an innovation.

Maybe I should finally install the PG on a LP that I've seen around here somewhere....especially if there's more tone locked up in there! Never thought about it on a PRS other than those mentioned that do have them.

Not sure how the aerodynamics would work with a PG, either. ;)

solacematt said:
I'd have to second on the no thanks on wanting a pickguard. To me, PRS makes an incredible instrument that plays and looks amazing. It's a sleek and classy looking instrument that's look almost gets cheapened by a pickguard. I feel the same way about the blade switch as well. 5-way rotary switch was an innovation.

I would have to agree, they look quite classy without one. I think it adds a bit to my LP so I'll leave it on.

A guitar rated PG means its a player . . .

*picks up his PRS* "Ah, this is special, too. Look, see, still got the, uh, the old tagger on it. See, never even played it. See?"

J/K . . . PRS are ment to be played ...

Some guitars are PG rated others aren't . . .

Depends on the guitar . . . I mean a strat or tele they NEED pickguards. They just look and feel weird without them. Same with a LP. But Heritage's LP clone looks better with out a pickguard.

On the strat / LP clone PRS a PG might look good depending on the colors, like solid ones. But if its a color that showcases a 11 top . . . then a PG just takes away from the wood. The Mira PG just fits . . .

Hmmm...
305... beautiful sexy carve... no PG
Mira... bit of a flatter top... gorgeous with a PG
SE ONE... in your face PG rock machine

Bases covered...
:D

Back