New guy, new guitar

Sleepless

Well, new to me.

This is a 2010 CU24 in fire red burst, 57/08 pups, pattern regular neck. Pretty standard and not that fancy but I've always lusted for a PRS and this was a good second hand deal, hard to miss really. Even though I don't really like "burst" paint jobs, this is a tame one and red is somehow my favourite colour. ;)

I'm familiar with PRS sound being a fan of a few PRS endorsed artists and my bandmate uses one. I've recorded it a lot for our own songs and did some babysitting for a while. So that day back in July was inevitable. :)

At the beginning I thought about swapping pups because of their low output with HFS-VB combo which I'm familiar with. Yep, I'm a metal guy. :) I have an ENGL tube preamp that I use for silent recording and it has plenty of gain anyway. Now I'm in love with 57/08. I can't believe how much dynamics I was losing with my other guitars with active SD Blackouts. Don't get me wrong, I still love Blackouts for what they do and each to their own but 57/08 is on whole another league. Heck, I can use a neck pickup at last! I was never fan of neck pickup sound on any guitar I've ever owned and I'm talking about LPs, a bunch of superstrats and they all had some model of sweet Duncans but none pleased me.

No thread is complete without pics:

EYSzB75.jpg

WuwfODS.jpg

AWtcZZj.jpg

Hottie! Congrats! Cool to hear your finding some new tones with the 57/08. Great pickup!

Congratulations and I love it when a 'older' PRS gets a new home with an owner that really appreciates it. Well Done~!

Back