New Guitar, Mark Tremonti Signature missing springs?

Steven Johnson

Good morning all, I bought a new guitar this weekend, the Mark Termonti Signature PRS, I bought it on a Tuesday and did not get a chance to take it out of the case until last night, when I did a spring was in the bottom of the bag, I noticed if I turned the guitar around I could see 2 springs connected to the bottom of where the strings go (Sorry, do not know the term)...

How many springs is this supposed to have? I had a really hard time keeping it in tune for the few minutes I played it, I'm bringing it back to Guitar Center today, but just curious how its SUPPOSED to be?

Thanks

Ok, who here has ever bought a guitar and not taken it out of the case until 2 days later!? :D I'm thinking less than 2 hours is a stretch for most.

Hope you get it sorted out - you bought a fine instrument.

Don't be too shook up over that. In standard pitch 3 or 4 springs but it also depends on string gauge too.

Yeah I'm not sure about the core model, but I have an SE with just 2 springs, playing with 11s in drop C# tuning with no issues. Trem is perfectly floated, string tension is perfect, and action is just right. You really shouldn't need extra springs unless you plan on moving to thicker strings.

Back