New Guitar Day - LeSinglecut Paul? Private Stock?

5-EE59791-9201-4391-9-EA0-0-F71-F15-B5539.jpg

It’s a beauty .... Congratulations! This so reminds me of the black Les Paul Pro I owned back in the mid-80’s, complete with P-90s.

Same here for not being a fan of the band but that guitar is absolutely beautiful and it’s a PRS so it has to play great! I don’t remember if the OP is a fan but it would be amazing to have a guitar owned by a band you like. I agree black/gold/p-90s FTW!

Oh, and I can’t figure out what the fretboard and headstock veneer wood is. The grain is very tight, so I’m thinking either ebony or Brazilian rosewood.

I think it’s ebony.

Thoughts?
Looking at that closeup of the fret board, I'd say ebony. The more I see this one, the more I love it.

Tahlee FTFW!! That’s lush!

When he told the luthier:

“I want the binding continuously round the back of the guitar”

He or she must have slumped their shoulders and let out a long slow breath containing several expletives.

However the join is made in the binding, between the neck and the cutaway, that sh!t ain’t easy!!

Looking at that closeup of the fret board, I'd say ebony. The more I see this one, the more I love it.

I concur Captain.

I'd be amazed if it isn't ebony, considering the whole black beauty vibe they went for.

I thought Black Beauty too.

Same here for not being a fan of the band but that guitar is absolutely beautiful and it’s a PRS so it has to play great! I don’t remember if the OP is a fan but it would be amazing to have a guitar owned by a band you like. I agree black/gold/p-90s FTW!

Well, my band plays two Buckcherry songs, Lit Up and Crazy B!tch, but those are the only two songs of theirs that I downloaded. So, I’m not really a fan, so to say. I do love playing those two songs, though. Maybe I’ll download a full album from them.

I really wanted the guitar for what it is, not whose it was. Whose it was is just a cool side story. The cooler story is that it’s mine now. hahahaha

I ordered a cut to length strap from Bob at Brookwood Leather. His craftsmanship is top notch. I got black on black with double gold stitching, 55 inches long, set up for Dunlop Straplocks. He shipped it today.

Last edited:
Back