New Guitar Day - Green Monster

About the boat theme. There was a speed boat on the river, near to where I lived as a kid, called “Betty Swollocks”!:oops:

Beautiful guitar, congratulations.

Enjoy Kermit in good health.

You could call it "Spot..."

Runs for cover...

6eca6881952f8b97c1a4ff0ad6ae43f5.jpg

Dayum!!! Gorgeous...I think Green Monster fits perfectly...but...there's "Moss", "NVME", (as in "green with envy"), or maybe research what chemicals can produce green flames, cuz dem flames are absolutely killer!!!

I usually go for female guitar names, and am a mythology fan...so given this guitar’s snake-like appearance (long and green), and you’re already calling it a “monster”...I’d go with...

Medusa

I usually go for female guitar names, and am a mythology fan...so given this guitar’s snake-like appearance (long and green), and you’re already calling it a “monster”...I’d go with...

Medusa

Whilst I like Medusa, I somehow would associate her with purple.

How does it sound? I forget, what tuning does it come in?

PRS default tuning would be C# but I had the dealer set it up to drop D instead.

Sound wise, it sounds like how I'd always expect a Les Paul to sound and feel. Great clarity, intonation and dynamics on all registers which is rare on a Les Paul.
The pairing of the 58/15 neck and the Tremonti bridge are a superb match and I really dig the adjustable stoptail which is a first for me. I'm surprised at the versatility of the pickup configuration in terms of sound.
Neck radius (Pattern thin) and weight makes this such a comfort to play. Just feels like a different animal compared to the PRS Custom 22 maybe due to the pickups.

I have a 1984 LP Custom with Suhr Aldrich pickups in them which would make them similar (singlecut with high output pickups). Comparing the two, sadly Kermit comes out on top especially in terms of playability.

Back