New Guitar Day for a friend - McCarty 594 HB2

maplebaby

A friend of mine just purchased a Mc594HB2. He ordered it from a store in Pennsylvania, N Stuff Music, bought a Calton Case for it from Acoustic Music Works, then had it shipped to me to review. This was one of the coolest things I've ever seen happen with gear - just wanted to share with this forum.

I've been getting a new PRS yearning so this isn't good, and I also have a real weakness for PRS HB's in general, with deep regret over one i let go many years ago.

I'm pretty sure i'll get this shipped to him, but it may take some support to do so! Just wanted to share some pictures of my friend's killer guitar for other PRSHB fans.

Adding a short audio clip..

JHRmPrhl.jpg

ZRaDXLJl.jpg

GYMjX1ll.jpg

0vnsr6Yl.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a killer guitar Dale! I wonder if I could convince some of my buddies to let me review their new guitars before they take delivery? It couldn't last, I'd procrastinate forwarding the guitars too long!
Interested to hear your impressions.

See if the band will record “The Goodbye Look” I believe it was written by Mel Torme, and recorded by Donald Fagen. The guitar tone on the solo parts is HB-ish. It certainly has a woody tone.

Stunning guitar!

I love that record...i can remember playing it when it first came out about as loud as whatever 'stereo' i had would play before distorting! I'll be listening to The Goodbye Look!

The old “It’s not mine, it’s my friends” ruse. Classic.:p:D

That reminds of the conversation I had with Mrs AR:

“I swear I haven’t bought a new guitar (SE245), look it was sent to me, look there’s a gift receipt in the gig bag!!”

“You expect me to believe that a bunch of strangers would send you a guitar through the post”

“Honestly, it was a gift!”

“Yeah, yeah!!”

Big sigh from me.

Dose of cold shoulder from Mrs AR.

That reminds of the conversation I had with Mrs AR:

“I swear I haven’t bought a new guitar (SE245), look it was sent to me, look there’s a gift receipt in the gig bag!!”

“You expect me to believe that a bunch of strangers would send you a guitar through the post”

“Honestly, it was a gift!”

“Yeah, yeah!!”

Big sigh from me.

Dose of cold shoulder from Mrs AR.
Sorry, bro

See if the band will record “The Goodbye Look” I believe it was written by Mel Torme, and recorded by Donald Fagen. The guitar tone on the solo parts is HB-ish. It certainly has a woody tone.

Stunning guitar!

That work was by Larry Carlton, and it was a 335, which is semi-hollow. But hey, close enough for...uh...kinda rock and roll/kinda jazzy fusion...

Back