New Guitar Day - Artist w/Maple Neck

rnodern

Just one more.....
Been a while since I've posted. Ordered this back in 2017 and picked it up this week.

It's a Tremonti Artist in Fire Red Burst. Hybrid hardware, adjustable stoptail. Maple neck and fretboard. I am in love!
shSBQhS.jpg

ml68lUo.jpg
zZdCdsw.jpg
pWmGLfC.jpg
bN7c20P.jpg
dtmTKEF.jpg
fLYiRrU.jpg
LHr52SN.jpg

Flame as wide as the English Channel! Congrats.

I love the top and the neck - very PS worthy!!!

Question: The Tremonti is going for a thick LP type of sound according to MT, won't the maple neck take it in a very different direction? What does it do for it? What were you going for?

I do not have any maple necks so this is educational for me...I am NOT knocking you new beautiful PRS!!

Beauty, congrats! Love the deep wide flame of the top and that neck and board is just ridiculous :)

I would imagine that’s a bit brighter than the standard Tremonti?

I love the top and the neck - very PS worthy!!!

Question: The Tremonti is going for a thick LP type of sound according to MT, won't the maple neck take it in a very different direction? What does it do for it? What were you going for?

I do not have any maple necks so this is educational for me...I am NOT knocking you new beautiful PRS!!

I have another USA tremonti that I also really like. When on a clean channel and on the neck pickup, the low end can really be rich and at times, overpowering at volume (on my Dual Rectifier with the recto cab). This guitar will be tuned to C or C#. Maple provides a tighter low end, with clear & articulate tones. Paired with a mahogany body, as opposed to an ash or alder that maple necks are typically associated with, the idea was to have a Tremontiesque tone thanks to the wonderful pickups, but tighten up the low end, and make it articulate for de-tuning.

Back