NEW Forum Truss Rod Cover Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some are against having "Forum" in the design but some seem to like the idea so here is one with that in mind...
Curious, what is the significance of the crescent moon in the design; is that a PRS thing?
An 'American' eagle adjacent to a crescent? I think a background of stars or stars and stripes would better match with a 'USA' motiff.
I do like the PRS Forum banner.

Last edited:
Curious, what is the significance of the crescent moon in the design; is that a PRS thing?
An 'American' eagle adjacent to a crescent? I think a background of stars or stars and stripes would better match a 'USA' motiff.
I do like the PRS Forum banner.

Well, the way I see it, the "moon" is a nod to the moon inlay and a salute to our old forum, Birds and Moons.

Yep, although that forum was before my time of getting back into guitars which was spring of 2012.
Would have liked to have checked out the old forum, and kudos to all those involved with getting this one setup to take its place.

I always liked Jesse's flag design. But...with Maryland now in the Big Ten conference, I'll feel like a traitor putting that on my guitar :eek:
Saw this thread again and it reminded me I modified JFB's design for you. A little less MD.

Paisley%20TRC%20Flag_zpsjbdn3aaa.jpg

Ooh, I like the replacement of the Maryland flag pattern with guitars, inspired choice.

(Now could you do it without the paisley so that Shawn will accept it as a contender? I suspect that may be more detail than they could handle. Pretty please.)

That's the idea I was supposed to be working on for Rob, but been under the weather here..

Really nice, Rob!

This thread delivers!

Ooh, I like the replacement of the Maryland flag pattern with guitars, inspired choice.

(Now could you do it without the paisley so that Shawn will accept it as a contender? I suspect that may be more detail than they could handle. Pretty please.)
I think Shawn's issue on the other is that it had 3 colors. Black, white, and grey paisley. Mine is only black and white, but when I get home I'll post the pre-paisley version.

Having paisley is fine, but as Vaughn pointed out, any design has to consist of only two colors (Black and white), grey is not possible when working with this material.

The crescent moon inlays found on PRS fretboards follow the the same lines found at the top of the PRS headstock. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. :)

In my ongoing quest to post 4 million designs. :p I've also been messing around and adding some borders that I think look pretty nice as well. Here are my designs with the border added.

Just awesome. I don't know how I'm going to choose!! I think I'm really liking the outline! Thanks for all of your work.

(Of these, I THINK I'm leaning towards the eagle and moon with or without the PRS Forum banner)

Kevin

In my ongoing quest to post 4 million designs. :p I've also been messing around and adding some borders that I think look pretty nice as well. Here are my designs with the border added.

Just awesome. I don't know how I'm going to choose!! I think I'm really liking the outline! Thanks for all of your work.

Kevin

Thanks man. Glad you like 'em. I'm definitely liking the look of the outline too I think.

I remember Shawn mentioning that before.
What your eyes have seen cannot and shall not be unseen ;)
I think it is cool how the inlays follow the headstock design.

Ok, add to that that Paul says the curve of the headstock follows the curve of a DC body at the neck joint.
Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Cool contest! There are some really great submissions and some equally talented people here. I know I'm new but I'm gonna cast a vote anyway for lynnj with the bird, moon, and banner!

Last edited:
I really like so many of the designs I've seen in this thread, but I will hold off on commenting on my preferences for a few days to let the images swirl and settle. Not sure how detailed the laser etching can get, so maybe some designs are beyond the manufacturability of the device. But I love all the creativity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back