NEW Forum Truss Rod Cover Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn@PRS

yogi
It's time for a new Official Forum truss rod cover (TRC) and this is your opportunity to show your stuff. Post your designs on this thread. We'll all kick the tires and look under the hood and eventually we'll narrow down the choices to a handful of designs and then the official voting will begin on a separate thread.

The (sort of) fine print. The new design will be owned by PRS Guitars and will be offered as a one-time-only production run. The winning artists will receive 10 free covers as payment for his/her work. PRS has the final say on which cover is chosen, just to make sure the Hasslehoff TRC (or anything like it) never sees the light of day.

So get creative, have some fun and let's see what you got!

What is the timeframe to get this done? Might take me a couple days to get it down.

Is there a generic template for the PRS TRC so we can get the look right?

I'm back! This might look familiar to the old school forum kids, but I don't care cause I still love it!

:p

hCyLeplBTwJIthUyrVRhWCkdy5oknhwHaH8WGFsqTbQ4Q3JUKspjbwFFJUcChKUqXpTtmZqNYBh2y4wNoaYNpf0FMGyU0QzaTyQn7DEtV7c6NhK9fTVpPL5YfSGBk-kHIkLMYMh90JBjR-XDIV7E565gz5TTQEO1sXB9KIHuShB6d3eSKTVtABTaJBuoGD0y0_XaRMw3lxKmv9EpfRtbvU6U90rMwUmKpQMBtsEkBno6WZ-fgGpoHyC8inj_2uLDjMhRPSGZYC-onI7Ru0DIaukoyrMHzVtMR52zRHjKN8w0-afC4tIqFA-XtU8oZZuD8FUp2f1iqkB9pzOf4KxJ_jXBH3OX8A1YlvIvY4QvJFb7OadJxRJE6VuPvfObez3GyknFuQifU2rTReWFesEnjmfOFUVi0kXTPYIz3jZImktL4WoYjoyrTY4XZZDmFCiwytzM4PVx6dX91YSGBu8dnXnvsjHonX8tbolEjSnjEnNWT76hwk5gzOwn8QGOblUYmCNFPqBrnSq-FsCSvEn28bBdOsEor-7ZnPvFnpaE8Q6CmesNwu87TqLJDfo4_BhhMcynJA=w1003-h798-no

Last edited:
I have a bunch lined up. I'll post them when I get to the home graphics computer...

I like the "f" hold F for "forum" on Jessie's above (you'll see why when you see my designs), and the MD flag as paisley.

I’m shamelessly reusing some drawings I made for the first go around. I may make more, we’ll see…

First up: a fairly simple one…

1BirdBlock.jpg

Change the F to an ‘f’ hole f…

1Birdforum.jpg

f forum…

Forum.jpg

OfficialForum.jpg

Here's my submissions for the new TRC. I'm a modest fellow so please don't overwhelm me with accolades on my artistic abilities :)
I'd like to see an eagle coming in for the capture, something like this:

prsforums7_zps8iyemzwn.jpg

Or like this with the forum lable on it:
prsforum3_zpsyrwqlfwl.jpg

Or use a more detailed eagle like this:

prsforum5_zpsveye2b2t.jpg

I'd rather have them oriented like the ones above but they'd look good like this also:

prsforums9_zpske3dc9b4.jpg

or:

prsforum8_zpsod1if7d5.jpg

I think I stole Rob's design.....

I remember drawing the last one I submitted above, but maybe I did it in response to Rob's idea. I can't remember now.

Ruger, dig your designs, would it be possible to insert the private stock eagle rather than the F hole on the paisley cover?

Also like your last design with "Forum" written on the neck of the guitar.

It's time for a new Official Forum truss rod cover (TRC) and this is your opportunity to show your stuff. Post your designs on this thread. We'll all kick the tires and look under the hood and eventually we'll narrow down the choices to a handful of designs and then the official voting will begin on a separate thread.

The (sort of) fine print. The new design will be owned by PRS Guitars and will be offered as a one-time-only production run. The winning artists will receive 10 free covers as payment for his/her work. PRS has the final say on which cover is chosen, just to make sure the Hasslehoff TRC (or anything like it) never sees the light of day.

So get creative, have some fun and let's see what you got!

Oh sure. Throw the Hasselhoff design under the bus right from the start....!

Ruger, dig your designs, would it be possible to insert the private stock eagle rather than the F hole on the paisley cover?

Also like your last design with "Forum" written on the neck of the guitar.

I haven't tried drawing the PS eagle yet - I might give it a try...

I think I stole Rob's design.....

I remember drawing the last one I submitted above, but maybe I did it in response to Rob's idea. I can't remember now.
It's all good! I think we all win if we get a great design. Anyone should feel free to improve on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back