New Forever Home for an S2 Studio

Griz

Adopted this beauty Friday and N(u)GD incoming Wednesday. Needed to treat myself to something new during this lockdown, plus I justified it by helping out the economy.

When my wife saw it she asked "Why it has 3 thingies instead of 2?" I assume she meant pickups.

And a big thanks to Sergio for the recent post on posting pictures.

WmB3uas.jpg

Adopted this beauty Friday and N(u)GD incoming Wednesday. Needed to treat myself to something new during this lockdown, plus I justified it by helping out the economy.

When my wife saw it she asked "Why it has 3 thingies instead of 2?" I assume she meant pickups.

And a big thanks to Sergio for the recent post on posting pictures.

WmB3uas.jpg
Way to do your part to help out!

Great score!!! I have its twin... those who have them know, frost blue metallic sounds better!

The S2 Studio really is just such a great guitar. The idea isn’t rocket science, but the execution and result are fantastic, all the goodness of thick, robust sounding single coils, the “in-between” tones, and one of the most unique and wonderful humbuckers you could pair with the singles. I picked mine over the Silver Sky, no joke! Don’t know how demand hasn’t turned them into a regular production model.

Happy NGD!

The frost blue is really cool. Before the Mira showed up, and before the new S2 594 models AND maple board Silver Sky were announced, I was SURE I was getting on of these studio’s next. Then they announced they were a limited production model, and after not seeing one for months in a store, I moved on to other models. I’d still love to try one of these though, and would expect to really dig it.

Great score!!! I have its twin... those who have them know, frost blue metallic sounds better!

The S2 Studio really is just such a great guitar. The idea isn’t rocket science, but the execution and result are fantastic, all the goodness of thick, robust sounding single coils, the “in-between” tones, and one of the most unique and wonderful humbuckers you could pair with the singles. I picked mine over the Silver Sky, no joke! Don’t know how demand hasn’t turned them into a regular production model.

Happy NGD!
I'm super excited to get it. I think I am going to swap to a black pick guard. Can't find any ready made ones at this point so I might have to go the custom route. Of course with PRS store shut down, I can't ask them if they have any extras in stock.

I also have that same guitar, and love it as much as Andy does. It’s a stone cold killer for blues and r n’b. The bridge pickup is everything Andy says. Just so you know, the black pick guard will show pick scratches like no tomorrow. Enjoy it, it doesn’t sound like any other guitar I ever played.

I'm super excited to get it. I think I am going to swap to a black pick guard. Can't find any ready made ones at this point so I might have to go the custom route. Of course with PRS store shut down, I can't ask them if they have any extras in stock.

Black??? No, you want white pearloid. Trust me on this. ;) That color/white pearloid = the coolest S2 Studio EVER!

Last edited by a moderator:
When my wife saw it she asked "Why it has 3 thingies instead of 2?"
She must be a blast at an art gallery. :D

I too have a Frost Blue. When I got it, I checked with PRS about getting the Tortie guard some other S2 Studios get, but I was told that since this was a limited run parts we not available. So, I think you’ll need to go the custom route for the black pickguard.

Oh, and welcome to the S2 Studio Club! No gloomily Guses here.

She must be a blast at an art gallery. :D

I too have a Frost Blue. When I got it, I checked with PRS about getting the Tortie guard some other S2 Studios get, but I was told that since this was a limited run parts we not available. So, I think you’ll need to go the custom route for the black pickguard.

Oh, and welcome to the S2 Studio Club! No gloomily Guses here.
Thanks

Back