New experience with 594

Pseudohobbit

I’ve now had my 594 SC about a month. Still loving it. In fact, last night I had an experience unlike any I’d had before.

I sold an effects unit to a guy nearby, and we started talking gear. We met at a gas station so the deal would be public. He started telling me about all his gear. A week later I went to his house and took the 594. I played it through a Mark V, TA-30, and Synergy... cranked. Holy crap, it was amazing. The rumble off those amps and yet the 594 was crystal clear through copious amounts of gain. It’s making me wonder if I want to get another McCarty and just put different pickups in for giggles.

The guy said he hadn’t played many PRS guitars, but he started playing mine. Turned around and said wow that’s clear. Finally he stopped himself and said he got to play those amps every day.

The 594 was a great decision. Haven’t regretted it once. My other guitars look at it with jealousy and fear they’ll be kicked out of the house.

It’s a revelation to think you know what a PRS is, then to find out by actually playing one. I’ve seen that look before. I’ve had that look before!

The 594 is a modern classic… one of those serendipitous moments when every right thing was available and in one place.
I think my first spec'd PS is going to be a McCarty 594. Like you say Rick, everything right and in the right place!

Back