New Experience Guitar Day

So I went to the Experience with every intention of scoring a new guitar. I had pretty much decided I wanted one of the new 594's but did not know what color I wanted; Bonni Pink would have been my first choice but it was not listed so I hoped against hope for a one off sprayers choice type deal to be available.

Brian's Guitars is my local dealer so I let Brian know what I wanted and that besides pink that a charcoal burst might be what I want but no pinks, of any model at all, were available this year. The color I ended up buying was near the bottom of the list for what I thought I would end up with.

Friday night as soon as the factory opened I made a beeline for Brian's table and stumbled across this one, that Brian had grabbed with me in mind. Not the color I wanted but a ridiculous ten top with a lighter than average violet color that has hints of pink in it. The figuring on the top seems to move when you turn the guitar and has some huge wide flame mixed in; the top left part in particular which looks a little washed out in this view just pops from other angles. Of course Brian made me a good deal and she is mine.

I am loving the new neck carve, yes it is different but the taps are very useful and I find myself playing it clean most of the time which is not the norm for me, so many tones to be had by manipulating the controls and taps.

I am not a great reviewer but can say that I am loving this model of PRS. The toggle, despite what it looks like on the upper horn, is very convenient where it is and the pickups sound incredible. The natural back and neck look great against the violet on mine. The bridge feels great against my hand and is intonated perfectly.

All in all I love this guitar. The short scale feels slinky to play and I am sure affects the tone in a positive way. If you have a chance to try one do so, don't let the toggle sway you against doing so. This is a player for sure.

Only pic so far but you get the idea.......

This color is the nicest I've seen yet on a 594! Congratulations! And the flame, the FLAME! WOW!

I'm glad you didn't get the DGT I had... Because maybe you wouldn't have acquired that beast! What a guitar, and that color is off the charts... Congrats !

Man, that's such a nice finish Wedge. I'm glad you were able to find a guitar you were able to bond with. I know you've had the itch for a while. The 2 piece bridge must be so amazing on the double cut body.

Back