New Eventide H9 Algorithm - Harmonic Tremolo

My board looks boring, but I gotta say it sounds terrific. So at least there’s that.

0Vpz8SD.jpg

I feel ya. I had a lot of colorful stuff on there up until recently. Had sold a few things off and wound up with this as my main board as of last night. It does the trick for now.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Many thanks! It was a crazy year of just buying and flipping and having fun. The feel like this is about as solid of a board as I need for now.

I’ll end up re-doing it all in the 4 cable method, but for now I’m running it all in front to keep it simple. Using a road king combo now, so I know I don’t need the Klone or SL, but I love em.

Many thanks! It was a crazy year of just buying and flipping and having fun. The feel like this is about as solid of a board as I need for now.

I’ll end up re-doing it all in the 4 cable method, but for now I’m running it all in front to keep it simple. Using a road king combo now, so I know I don’t need the Klone or SL, but I love em.

Nice stuff, nice installation!

I run all my pedals in front of my amps whether or not I have an effects loop, but I have a patch bay on the board with a normalled insert point just in case I want to go 4 cable.

The Road King’s a cool amp.

I’m still using my H9 as a glorified delay pedal pretty exclusively.

The harmonic trem algorithm has quickly become a favorite effect at my place. I’m using it more than my most excellent Suhr analog trem at present (possibly because it’s new).

I like the subtle movement a trem run at a low mix level adds to a guitar signal. Unless I’m going for a particular vintage tone, I run the effect so it just barely tickles the ear. I’m the same way when using chorus or most modulation effects.

Serg, do you ever use the H9 with synths? It’s great, and for the most part sounds nicer than most synths’ onboard effects.

Serg, do you ever use the H9 with synths? It’s great, and for the most part sounds nicer than most synths’ onboard effects.

Not really, it’s on my pedalboard for guitar and my band is so mean they make me play keys and guitar at the same time.

I’m honestly never left the F alone anymore, so all my playing time is dedicated to learning songs or coming up with parts. It’s great in some ways as my key playing is so rudimentary that it’s forcing me to get better (I have to play full songs, not just parts of songs like usual when recording) so I’m rolling pretty exclusively with presets (which is a cardinal sin for “synthesists”) lately.

I’d love to use the H9 for synth efx.... but I can’t spend much time thinking about my tone at the moment. If I did, I’d probably get depressed since I hate my main keyboard so damn much. :oops:

Downloaded it today. I just did a quick run through of the patches they give you and there’s definitely some cool stuff there that I’ll use. My fear now is that I’ll want both H9’s on one board. Which would suck for my board at home.

Back