New Dusty Waring DW CE24 Hardtail

Just bought one in burnt amber smoke burst, I got a black paisley case too, cannot keep guitars in gig bags…
My complaint about PRS is the pickups, and the electronics are strange. I think Paul prides himself on the whole pickup thing but it does not appeal to me. In this DW Hardtail, my dream PRS is coming true: Hardtail string thru bolt neck without PRS pickups. It is light weight at 7.25 lbs, and l love the black birds. I like rosewood boards, but also love the spank of maple on maple. Really jazzed about this one.
Have been enjoying the limited Ed. Robben Ford, mahogany with Blackwood fb and the pickups are some of PRS’s best imo. That guitar is heavy but worth the pain. (I have a steel plate and 6 screws in my left collarbone that does not allow heavy guitars. )

Waring Burst hardtail on order! The new Jade color was cool but I love the look of binding on most guitars so I'm happy they have non-wraparound choices too on the stain.

I played one of the Floyd Rose signatures and really liked it but I hardly ever use trems and tend to switch tunings around on my guitars, so the FR was not for me. But the hardtail version is a great fit.

I've held off on my preorder so that I can see a couple actual photos once places start getting them (very event split on my choice of finish), but I'm locked/loaded and ready to go.

I saw one US dealer with one in stock and have noticed at least one European dealer get some in stock. Would it be presumptuous of me to assume that this might mean we'll start seeing them trickle out a bit sooner than originally thought?

I've held off on my preorder so that I can see a couple actual photos once places start getting them (very event split on my choice of finish), but I'm locked/loaded and ready to go.

I saw one US dealer with one in stock and have noticed at least one European dealer get some in stock. Would it be presumptuous of me to assume that this might mean we'll start seeing them trickle out a bit sooner than originally thought?
Which us dealer has one?

Reactions: VH5
So which dealer did you buy from? It’s ok to say
Look in reverb, there were several available. I got one shipped Friday will be in my hands Thursday 2/9/23

That’s odd that Peach guitars in UK has them in stock but no us dealers have them listed yet. (At least on reverb).

Righteous Guitars had a smoked amber but I haven’t seen any other US dealers with these on hand yet.

Mine was from righteous guitars in Georgia and looks like Island Music has one in stock. Gray Black. Good luck!

Mine was from righteous guitars in Georgia and looks like Island Music has one in stock. Gray Black. Good luck!
Nice! I was hovering over that purchase button but wanted to see some faded blues hit the streets first. The one from Island must’ve sold already. Very excited to get mine. Congrats on yours!

Mine arrived today, been playing it for a couple hours. So far I dig it, tone knob is useable throughout range, pickups are present and sparky clean, have not played any crunchy tones yet. Will stretch out wit it at rehearsal tomorrow night and report back. Great cleans, roll the tone to 1 or 2 and smoky jazz on the neck pickup. Very nice tones through a Victoria 2 x 6V6 amp.

Mine arrived today, been playing it for a couple hours. So far I dig it, tone knob is useable throughout range, pickups are present and sparky clean, have not played any crunchy tones yet. Will stretch out wit it at rehearsal tomorrow night and report back. Great cleans, roll the tone to 1 or 2 and smoky jazz on the neck pickup. Very nice tones through a Victoria 2 x 6V6 amp.
Can't wait to hear how it goes - I think I speak for everyone in saying that a picture or two would be great!

I will try to post pics today, I gotta do a refresh about process, I struggled to do it before but got it done. This is number 12 PRS guitar in my collection, the wife is just shaking her head…

Back