New Dusty Waring DW CE24 Hardtail

Man this guitar is just beautiful. I was looking at the pictures of it on the Sweetwater site. The one in the Jade Green. They have elevated a guitar that is already a work of art to something more.

You have to get to 11. The correct number of guitars is always a prime number!
What if, due to an on-going process of continually adding to one's collection, one doesn't actually know, off-hand, the total number of guitars in the collection? And what if one is too afraid to actually count, because one knows it is already too frickin' high to justify, but if one acquires another, the number is still unknown and therefore no worse?

I'm kind of in that position. Ive been buying guitars, trading guitars, selling guitars for 45 years. In recent years I have not sold or traded any. My adult children have some of mine, that sorta belong to me There 6 in cases in this room, a 7th on the way. I know there are more than 3 cased up in closets somewhere in the house. (Maybe more).

A friend at work asked me how many guitars I had and I told them I didn't know exactly and they were dumbfounded how that could be.

What if, due to an on-going process of continually adding to one's collection, one doesn't actually know, off-hand, the total number of guitars in the collection? And what if one is too afraid to actually count, because one knows it is already too frickin' high to justify, but if one acquires another, the number is still unknown and therefore no worse?
Don’t worry, there are plenty of prime numbers. The collection can be ever expanding

I'm kind of in that position. Ive been buying guitars, trading guitars, selling guitars for 45 years. In recent years I have not sold or traded any. My adult children have some of mine, that sorta belong to me There 6 in cases in this room, a 7th on the way. I know there are more than 3 cased up in closets somewhere in the house. (Maybe more).

A friend at work asked me how many guitars I had and I told them I didn't know exactly and they were dumbfounded how that could be.

Same boat here. I don't keep track anymore. I have enough that I shouldn't want anymore, but I still do. If I had to list them all, I probably could. I might miss one or two or four.

I have not, however, reached the point where someone mentions a guitar and I'm surprised to find I have one. That has happened with CDs and/or DVDs. There have been several times where a movie or album pops up in conversation and I think I should probably buy it and then I go to Amazon and it says I've already bought it. That happened last year with a movie - Amazon was running a great deal on it, so I decided to pounce, and I'd already ordered it (at the same price) a few months earlier.

Schrödinger’s guitar collection?

Until you open the closet, you’re not sure how many guitars are or are not in there.

pics of the DW Hardtail. already a few scuffs and some finger grease, love it....

Added shaller strap loc buttons, black of course.

Probably a stupid question, but is this a new PRS design for a hardtail bridge? I’ve never seen it before. It looks like a trem block set into the back rather than the usual 6 string ferrules for the regular plate bridge.

Is it worth hoping that perhaps it’s a new PRS bridge patent that might make it into non-artist models soon?

Probably a stupid question, but is this a new PRS design for a hardtail bridge? I’ve never seen it before. It looks like a trem block set into the back rather than the usual 6 string ferrules for the regular plate bridge.

Is it worth hoping that perhaps it’s a new PRS bridge patent that might make it into non-artist models soon?
It looks very similar though not identical to the bridge in the SE 277.

I got one of these DW's and I love the guitar but the one thing that is annoying for me is the bridge saddles are so sharp. Mainly just the low E saddle is the one that digs into my palm. I do a lot of palm muting and maybe I don't have the best technique or something but dang why do they have to be so sharp. I have thought about filling it down to round off the edge but whatever. After the first song of the evening/practice I can just ignore it.

I got one of these DW's and I love the guitar but the one thing that is annoying for me is the bridge saddles are so sharp. Mainly just the low E saddle is the one that digs into my palm. I do a lot of palm muting and maybe I don't have the best technique or something but dang why do they have to be so sharp. I have thought about filling it down to round off the edge but whatever. After the first song of the evening/practice I can just ignore it.
Got a picture of where it’s sharp? I’m keen to know all about this bridge. Have you reached out to PRS support? Maybe they can help?

I will have to figure out the picture posting thing first and then I will post a picture up close of the bridge. I will do that this weekend. I have not contacted PRS about it. Like I mentioned before, I bet I can take a file to it and round off the edge and find a dab of black paint and no one will know the difference but my hand. Other than that one thing, I love the guitar!

This edge of the saddle is what I was referencing. it's fine really, just something I noticed.

Oh I see what you mean, they do look sharp. Here is a pic of my SE 277 plate bridge for comparison, which I confirm and hopefully the light shows has a rounded edge on the saddles:

zFnItnT.jpg

Back