New distortion pedal demo play-through, (although with PRS guitars ;)

Richard Lainegard

Just uploaded a new pedal demo, this time of the fantastic Leqtique 9/9 distortion pedal.
Handmade boutique pedals from Japan. And I really do mean hand made..
Hand painted, built on turret boards, no PCB's, every single (highest quality) component hand-soldered.
Have known the maker (Shun Nokina) since he was still a crazy teen. Met him in Tokyo almost ten years
ago at one of my clinics where he had built me a OD-pedal. Didn't speak much English back then, but these
days he's a real globetrotter. Seen him go from that, to becoming one of the most popular boutique builders ever in Japan,
so the least I can do for the "kid" is some demos :top:

He started out making really smooth, vintage type OD pedals, but have in later years gravitated more and more
towards higher gain territory. This is one of those.

Ps. just check out the guts of one of his other OD's. 4 knobs, internal battery, two layers of turret boards
packed full. This is electronic tetris :top:
Tried to change a LED in one of these once, could never get it together again, they are sort of
"built into place" I guess, had to chip it back to him in Japan :goodnight:
45343_10151354169142019_1929018848_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Corey :)
Running it through the Suhr Corso head.
No cab, line out (which is placed after the power amp thanks to the built in power scaling).
Into Logic and a Mesa cab IR

Grymt!Very cool pedal and superb playing!Lundgrens or 57/08s in your awesome looking MC58?

Last edited:
Very nice. Great range of playing style and you pretty much tweaked every knob through their full range. Impressive pedal...and playing.

Grymt!Very cool pedal and superb playing!Lundgrens or 57/08s in your awesome looking MC58?

Back to 57/08's. I just put the Lundgren's in for the Shootout-demo, the 57/08's are such fantastic pups,
and has the best coiltap I've ever heard, second only by the 53/10's (although I think the DGT's might be a strong competitor).
Also, the ZM now has DiMarzio 36th Anni nickel covers. Those were a great fit for that guitar imo.
The Lundgren's became a bit boomy in that hollow-body, the 36th's are less so,
and warmer than the stock Korea-pups. They'll stay in the ZM for the foreseeable future I think :top:

I dig it. What's the adjustable pot in the middle of the underside of the pedal?

I dig it. What's the adjustable pot in the middle of the underside of the pedal?

That is the internal mid-cut pot. I didn't show this in the video, just noted the settings.
In the video with Cloudchair (who makes fantastic vids) you'll see gut shots as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a ZM on order and was thinking the Dimarzio 36th would be a great match as well. Any chance of a demo of the ZM with the DMZ pickups???

I have a ZM on order and was thinking the Dimarzio 36th would be a great match as well. Any chance of a demo of the ZM with the DMZ pickups???

Well, not at the moment mate sorry... :dontknow:
Will record a demo or two more in a month or so, but then it will be a
demo/playthrough of a new custom relic tele from Sonnemo Guitars,
and another OD from Leqtique called "Redemptionist"
(same as Cloudchair above has also demo'ed).
Here's a pic of what the Sonnemo stuff looks like (the one I will demo
has a neck PAF hum though)
10003273_624020544358714_11714390_n.jpg

Back