New discovery about P90 pickups...

i don't want to fight. remember when this thread was just about hot dogs?

You're definitely going to hate this joke and want to put me on ignore. So I apologize in advance. It isn't even a very good joke, yet I simply cannot resist the thought.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Tuesday Old Man Fight Night! In this corner, wearing the green trunks and the green truss, and showing off his open heart surgery scar is Old Man X. And in this corner, wearing the white trunks, and handing his walker to his corner is..."

You're definitely going to hate this joke and want to put me on ignore. So I apologize in advance. It isn't even a very good joke, yet I simply cannot resist the thought.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Tuesday Old Man Fight Night! In this corner, wearing the green trunks and the green truss, and showing off his open heart surgery scar is Old Man X. And in this corner, wearing the white trunks, and handing his walker to his corner is..."
hey! i may be old but at least i don't play blues.

hey! i may be old but at least i don't play blues.
Oh, I didn't think you were one of the fighters! I thought I was, and some other old guy.

I play blues sometimes, but hey, I also play classical music on piano. That's gotta count for something!

no i want to disable all comments like you can over at strat talk.
I'm not sure, but at the very top of the page of this thread, there is an "unwatch" button for me. On threads where I haven't commented, in the same place is a "watch" button. Maybe that will do it?

And it's two dollar dog night at the concession stand!

seriously, HOW DO I TURN OFF COMMENTS??? i did not come here for this kind of grabass
If you mean, just me, I hear the forum has a “ignore “feature. I have not verified.

So, this evening I thought I would head over to Strat-Talk. I joined the forum in 2014, but had not participated there since then.

I wished to see what injustices were carried out upon @Lewguitar and confirm that none of the members here were linked there (apart from myself)

77 pages and 1523 posts so far on the virtues of the Silver Sky as the best Strat. Yes, yes, we all have opinions.

Now I appreciate that some of the members at the ST forum have strong opinions on this matter. And that is what they are, opinions.

The behaviour by several members, at the ST forum, in the first two pages would be considered inappropriate here and hopefully not tolerated.

There is a member here who is also a member there. I will not name them, but I’m aware that they have reported back to the ST members that Lew is posting here. If you want to reach out to me by PM, no malice intended, I’m happy to talk.

Lew please understand that people here live peacefully and this is our little Nirvana. Please participate, but with the understanding that we are all here to enjoy this forum without drama.

I mean no harm with this post and if the moderators feel it should be deleted, please do so.

So, this evening I thought I would head over to Strat-Talk. I joined the forum in 2014, but had not participated there since then.

I wished to see what injustices were carried out upon @Lewguitar and confirm that none of the members here were linked there (apart from myself)

77 pages and 1523 posts so far on the virtues of the Silver Sky as the best Strat. Yes, yes, we all have opinions.

Now I appreciate that some of the members at the ST forum have strong opinions on this matter. And that is what they are, opinions.

The behaviour by several members, at the ST forum, in the first two pages would be considered inappropriate here and hopefully not tolerated.

There is a member here who is also a member there. I will not name them, but I’m aware that they have reported back to the ST members that Lew is posting here. If you want to reach out to me by PM, no malice intended, I’m happy to talk.

Lew please understand that people here live peacefully and this is our little Nirvana. Please participate, but with the understanding that we are all here to enjoy this forum without drama.

I mean no harm with this post and if the moderators feel it should be deleted, please do so.
A little investigative reporting for veracity is honorable. Thanks for the insight, there is a mole.

Strats are like, so bad and people that play them have peculiar choices of liquid refreshment.

Lets see what that gets me.

A little investigative reporting for veracity is honorable. Thanks for the insight, there is a mole.

Strats are like, so bad and people that play them have peculiar choices of liquid refreshment.

Lets see what that gets me.

Not at all, nothing wrong with someone being a member here and at ST.

I really have no experience elsewhere. I only post here. But I’m sure some of us visit other places and share.

I wanted to make sure I could back up the comments in my previous post. It would appear there is no cross-over between forums and contributors to this thread (other than myself).

I own two S style guitars. A MIJ from the mid 90’s which gives me the single coil sounds I want. Also one made for me from Red Alder, hence my name here, with p90’s (ironically).

I don’t think I have a peculiar choice of liquid refreshment;)

My intention was to encourage unity here.

I like that we’re a light hearted bunch and there’s a good community spirit.

We’re all musicians and what we use to create our sound is personal. There’s really no need to fall out.

Over on Mustard Musings, things are really hotting up in the English section. The Colman’s faction are rising up against the Supermarket’s own brand massive. I believe @alantig is behind it.

Last edited:
I wanted to make sure I could back up the comments in my previous post. It would appear there is no cross-over between forums and contributors to this thread (other than myself).

the-boss-baby-it-was-you.gif

Over on Mustard Musings, things are really hotting up in the English section. The Colman’s faction are rising up against the Supermarket’s own brand massive. I believe @alantig is behind it.

Except I was banned, as noted earlier. Probably because I said Triumph Mustard is just as good as Rush Mustard.

The Colman’s faction are rising up against the Supermarket’s own brand massive. I believe @alantig is behind it.
Well, it's not me, but I will say, that Colmans is good stuff, and not just because it's my name minus one letter.

Not at all, nothing wrong with someone being a member here and at ST.

I really have no experience elsewhere. I only post here. But I’m sure some of us visit other places and share.

I own two S style guitars. A MIJ from the mid 90’s which gives me the single coil sounds I want. Also one made for me from Red Alder, hence my name here, with p90’s (ironically).

I don’t think I have a peculiar choice of liquid refreshment;)

My intention was to encourage unity here.

I like that we’re a light hearted bunch and there’s a good community spirit.

We’re all musicians and what we use to create our sound is personal. There’s really no need to fall out.

It's cool, I have a Strat too and my drinx...be cautious if I make you one.

All in good fun, ageed!!

Gosh this guitar sounds great now! Still hums a bit when the Gibson P90's are used individually, but when they're combined there's virtually no hum at all..

It's the red one on the right.

The one on the left is my black SE Singlecut. The Korean pickups were nothing to write home about but the Duncan Antiquitys in it now sound killer!

These great SE's have so much potential.

Sure, my '95 CU22 has more vibe and sounds a little more resonant, but the SE's can be easily upgraded into being 100% professional instruments.

That's my old '66 Deluxe Reverb in the back. Had it forever.

Last edited:
That's awesome! In my mind these SE Soapbars are like an evolution of the Gibson Specials. An improved version. Better headstock geometry and ergonomics. I've upgraded my pickups to Lollar mini's and it just sounds great!

Back