NEW DGT SE EXCITEMENT!

I lucked onto one (of 2) that had just been delivered to my local music store in Canberra. Both still in their boxes. The gold top was nice, but I preferred the beautiful tobacco burst.
Absolutely love it - guitar looks, feels and sounds amazing. Neck is a dream. Very happy camper.
That's what I ordered... the tobacco sunburst reminds me of my '58 Strat so it was an easy choice for me!

The wait for the SE DGT will br worth it. Mine is totally amazing. You can read a little about it here:

That was awesome. Congrats on your 3 new axes. The top on that Mcarty is just beautiful. I went back and forth for a couple of weeks, between a 594 and the DGT.

What ultimately sold me on the DGT is I knew what David's expectations from PRS were in order to put his name on an SE model and that they used his beloved 2010 DGT as a template. I had a feeling it would possibly be the best SE model ever produced. Your comments on the DGT confirmed my suspicion. I can't frigging wait!!

Rare as rocking horse **** in the UK, especially the gold top! Decided to wait, never know down the line PRS may do a run in other finishes as with other SE's...got to be on the cards

Pre ordered a Gold Top in February from Sweetwater. My sales rep says I will get one when they come in. I have since bought a barely used one in Dark Burst off Reverb and I'm so glad I did. I've had it for about a month and a half and have barely touched any of my other guitars. It has the best neck profile I have played and it does not go out of tune plus it sounds incredible. I can't wait for the Gold Top to arrive. I'm keeping both! I also love the wide thin neck on my Custom 24 but the SE DGT neck is very nice.

As I've been searching Reverb for the last few weeks, I've noticed just in the last few days there are several shops with the DGT SE in stock (not pre-order).

So, those of you awaiting orders should begin to see them arriving any time now I suspect-- AND for anyone wanting one right now, strike while the iron is hot!

Pre ordered a Gold Top in February from Sweetwater. My sales rep says I will get one when they come in. I have since bought a barely used one in Dark Burst off Reverb and I'm so glad I did. I've had it for about a month and a half and have barely touched any of my other guitars. It has the best neck profile I have played and it does not go out of tune plus it sounds incredible. I can't wait for the Gold Top to arrive. I'm keeping both! I also love the wide thin neck on my Custom 24 but the SE DGT neck is very nice.
I love hearing stuff like this

johnmannsguitarvault (com) has 'em in.

BTW, what's the "DGT" neck shape?
It’s unique to the PRS line. Very comfortable. Jumbo frets.
Hard to describe…
a little narrower at the nut..
the neck shoulders slope in fairly quickly
neck still feels full in my hand
It’s by far my favorite PRS neck . My others have a pattern or wide fat profile
Maybe someone more prolific will chime in

Last edited:
So while I'm still waiting on my Sweetwater pre order for the Gold Top I got a notification from my Reverb feed that there were two brand new Gold Tops listed for list price and free shipping so I pounced on one of them. The dealer said they had 4 come in and were all gone within hours. Will be delivered Tuesday. I have no idea when the Sweetwater order will come in but at least some new Gold Tops are showing up. I still have the Dark Burst SEDGT I got a couple of months ago off Reverb and when the pre order Gold Top comes in I will compare the two Gold Tops and sell one of them. My nephew will most likely want to buy it. After constantly playing the SEDGT that I have now I have since started to thin out the herd and have already sold quite a few on Reverb. I absolutely love this guitar.

So while I'm still waiting on my Sweetwater pre order for the Gold Top I got a notification from my Reverb feed that there were two brand new Gold Tops listed for list price and free shipping so I pounced on one of them. The dealer said they had 4 come in and were all gone within hours. Will be delivered Tuesday. I have no idea when the Sweetwater order will come in but at least some new Gold Tops are showing up. I still have the Dark Burst SEDGT I got a couple of months ago off Reverb and when the pre order Gold Top comes in I will compare the two Gold Tops and sell one of them. My nephew will most likely want to buy it. After constantly playing the SEDGT that I have now I have since started to thin out the herd and have already sold quite a few on Reverb. I absolutely love this guitar.
Nice!

Depends on when you ordered it from Sweetwater. Two + months ago, I called Sweetwater and they said there was over 900 on pre-order with them and they were projecting delivery anytime between August and December, if your order was placed in March.

In March, I decided to order from another business and was told that I'd be on their next shipment. It remains unseen as to when that will actually happen but last time I called, they had a handful of the Burst models, just waiting on Gold Tops to arrive. They sell a lot of PRS guitars, so I'm hoping very soon. I'll let you guys know when it comes in.

The price announcement was pretty much where I envisioned it. But so far no indication on the Canadian price levels. $1400 European (in USD) tells me that $2k isn't out of the question. that's where my HBII landed. Pretty much sends me back to the 24-08 as an upgrade/alternate to my Custom 24. Which won't happen for a long time since I really enjoy and like that guitar as it is. Any shortcomings the axe itself has are vastly overshadowed by my own inadequacies. Lottery tickets notwithstanding of course...;)
But I gotta say that the DGT SE (visually and by test demo clips) is a helluva machine.
$1429 in Australia

A bunch of Sunburst DGT SE’s just arrived at John Mann’s Guitar Vault! They are not all sold, afaik
I ended up grabbing one of those and having them convert the tuners to locking ones. I had planned on waiting for a gold top but the weight and tops of the sunbursts just looked sweet. Could not resist. I love the pickups. Never played the core model but the SE checks all the boxes for me

I ended up grabbing one of those and having them convert the tuners to locking ones. I had planned on waiting for a gold top but the weight and tops of the sunbursts just looked sweet. Could not resist. I love the pickups. Never played the core model but the SE checks all the boxes for me
That’s great to hear! @John Mann and the gang are a great bunch of folks……glad I could help….

I ordered a gold top though MF and used the 48mth 0% financing. It won't ship or be charged until Nov 2023. SE's are fantastic mod platforms.
Some Reverb music store offered me $810 for a Tobacco burst, by putting it on my watchlist, but my heart is set on a gold top.

Back