new DGT... finish problem?

Qikshift

The Lefty Horror
Well shut my mouth!! PRS is shipping it back to me tomorrow. It's like a week and a half turnaround! I guess maybe the problem was the nitro only... I'm only guessing that because I know nitro repairs are much easier as it "melts into itself", so the whole thing did not need to be re-shot it sounds like? They were not forthcoming with details in the emails, they were very curt, like need-to-know only LOL. But I'm not complaining!

I should have it back by friday. I shipped it to them last Monday. Wow.
So I'm new here and was hesitant on asking the PTC to do stuff for me in the future. This has given me a vote of confidence. Although my new guitar is not going to be covered by warranty if I get work done so it would be during a time when I have money.

ruger9

So I'm new here and was hesitant on asking the PTC to do stuff for me in the future. This has given me a vote of confidence. Although my new guitar is not going to be covered by warranty if I get work done so it would be during a time when I have money.

Well.. that's different. I believe warranty work is given priority at all times, as it should be. I somehow already put a slight dent in the back of my neck (a real bummer on a brand-new guitar), and was quoted 12 weeks to fix that. I declined, precisely because it's a brand new guitar and I wanted to play the thing, not wait 3 more months for it. Perhaps in the future I will send it back in to have that dent repaired, ... or not. We'll see.

ruger9

She's back, and she's perfect again! Hopefully I won't have the same trouble later on... due to the speed of return, it was no doubt a spot-touch-up, but if it happens again they may consider re-shooting the guitar, and that would take awhile.... but I'm SO happy I got it back in just over a week, quite unbelievable, actually... a local Luthier couldn't have gotten it back to me that fast.