New Delay Pedal Day!!! (((BEST DELAY EVER)))

Dang, that is big.
No room on my board.
I just put the TC Dreamscape on yesterweek.

10.jpg

As far as size goes, consider what this pedal does, which is a lot. You'll see it's actually not very big at all once you "size" up the competition:

Vox DelayLab: 10.23 x 6.45
Line6 DL4: 10 x 6
TC Electronic Flashback X4: 9.2 x 5.3
Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay: 9.1 x 5.1

Nice pedal & slick features, but it takes up to much real estate for me. Although I really like pre-sets and tap tempo I can still run 2 separate delay pedals (long Flashback & short mxr cc) in less space.

Just ordered the smaller version, the flashback. Pretty impressed with anything that comes from tc electronics.

My flashback is ordered. Should be here either Tuesday or Thursday. Really looking forward to it. Oh and the Grover tuning pegs come too. Lol

Currently I am using and endorsing the Hardwire DL-8 Extreme Performance Pedal....True by pass and has a wonderful array of delays settings

My flashback came, mounted and has been used..love the thing. Tc Electronics make great pedals, I haven't liked any pedal this much since the late 80's.

Polytune
Dreamscape
Mojo
Flashback

Next week....rottweiler

I have the "single tap" version, great pedal. Real simple to use and sounds great. Might not not be the ticket if you're looking for a lot of fancy features, but if you don't like a hassle it's sweet.

I like the TC stuff alot, have the Corona Chorus and Spark Booster.

For delay, I use a Red Witch Titan - three separate analog delays you can run series or parallel. There's an effects loop on the first one. Not sure how useful it is, but it's really fun to play with...for those late night "science experiments" if you will...

I like stacking the three delays, and hooking up a my wah to the effects loop (which also has a gain on it). I play clean, set the delay with the dirty wah for a rapid decay at high volume, set the second one long decay lower volume, and the third just in the background at double the interval. TRIPPY!

I was thinking about the x4 because the Titan is a ton of fun to play with but no super practical for live use...

A/B'd that against the Strymon Timeline in Tokyo, both have loop-function as well.
However, the Strymon is much more expensive
However, the Strymon definitely sounded better to my ears,
and the option of sending different delaytimes to left/right output
was a cool feature for those like me that sometimes wanna use 2 1x12 cabs/amps
with deeflexx on stage, give it a HUGE sound!

Bottom-line though? I ended up using the TC for my clinic, simply based on how easy it was
to use. Also a VEYR big plus for the fact that the TC has a "mix" button for the loop level!

I added the Flashback X4 to my board Sunday.
I pulled off the Wampler Faux Tape Echo, and the EHX Sitar pedals.

Been watching more vids, and here are a few that show how to do the looping.
I am going to experiment with looping this weekend.

Vox is suppose to be coming out with a big delay pedal shortly, not sure how it stacks up against the TC X4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give it a try. I've been using the regular Flashback on the "Joe Perry Tape Lead" toneprint. Works great for me.

I will give it a try. I've been using the regular Flashback on the "Joe Perry Tape Lead" toneprint. Works great for me.

Hey this got me thinking, if anybody makes a toneprint I would love to try them, please post if you upload one of your own or favorites from the "Pros"...

Last edited:
Here is another delay pedal, I saw the ad in Premier Guitar for it, and it looks like it has now hit the market.
I like my Flashback X4 better though.
The Vox also has a built in looper.

Vox Delaylab

Last edited by a moderator:
Back