New Core-line Modern Eagle V--where's the switch?

My Wood Library MEV has the switch.
I can actually hear a decent subtle difference with it in 250k mode. As @bodia stated in a matter of words, it is more prominent with cleans and lower gains. I personally like the feature, especially running both buckers in split mode.
330134707_570195695020294_216581027894848627_n.jpg

309396254_10222484339881292_951659255999618960_n.jpg
Nice

I like the switch, subtle tone change nice with single coil selection. I agree with Bodia, not so noticeable with dirty sounds. I wouldn't say it was useless... It was a nice added touch and I wouldn't want a MEV any other way (words I'll have to eat at a later date).

"So Paul, when did you change the washer on the MEV impedance switch?"

"You mean the switch itself?"

"No, I'm only interested in the washer, because I have one of the original vintage washers and it's obviously unobtainium now. I want to sell it for One Million Dollars, but I need to know how to word the Reverb ad."

"You're out of your mind."

"Of course I am! Who do you think your customers are, anyway? Do you not know the Immutable Rules of Guitar Collecting?"

"Remind me."

"1) If it's older it's always better;

2) If they aren't using that part any more, the guitar's rare and therefore more valuable;

3) if an actual rock star once vomited on it during a show, it's worth zillions, but only if no one washed the vomit off."

"We wash the vomit off the Artist Relations guitars we take back and sell."

"Seriously? That's SO disappointing."

"How about if I sign it for you with my gold pen?"

"Yeah...not worth much. But would you mind vomiting on it?"

In all seriousness I have one of the 30th Anniversary Private Stock CU24s with the vintage carve doodads - I can't even tell the difference - and the pull-up tone control Sweet Switch. Hey I even tried the Sweet Switch...um...once! ;)

Wasn't why I bought the damn thing!

"How many did they make, Les?"

"I dunno, 60?"

"Then it's RARE, pal! Sell it for One Million Dollars!!"

"The switch or the guitar?"

"The guitar WITH the switch."

"No."

"Why? That's a lot of money!"

"It'll be worth more when I vomit on it."
Can't even think of how to reply to this....... full of so many clever-humorous truths....... OK I'll vomit on my switch now...

Having owned one with the switch, I can say that it did, in fact, do something. If you're playing with any type of gain, you likely won't notice it. It's pretty subtle, for sure.
I play mainly clean and trust me it does nothing…👍

Back