new convert PRS...

I know he and Paul have been back and forth on some ideas. I also know since he's moved to Nashville, Robben seems to have been experimenting with lots of stuff. The amps went first and now he has been using PRS stuff on occasion.

At the end of the day, he still sounds like him even though people think he should only play vintage "G" branded guitars.

I know he and Paul have been back and forth on some ideas. I also know since he's moved to Nashville, Robben seems to have been experimenting with lots of stuff. The amps went first and now he has been using PRS stuff on occasion.

At the end of the day, he still sounds like him even though people think he should only play vintage "G" branded guitars.

When I met him, Robben was playing Gene Baker's guitars. He handed me his red Baker guitar to show me how high he prefers the action. It was SERIOUSLY hard to play! But he always sounds pretty amazing, and says the tone's better with high action. Despite some nerve damage in my fretting hand (from a pinched nerve at the elbow, not from playing), I play .010s and like the action about where PRS sets it as standard - that's about as high as I can handle.

He sure sounds great on a PRS, doesn't he? Of course, he sounds great on anything, but the guitar does have some wonderful tone, too.

Back