New Chimaira Track! - Emil Werstler playing his PRS 7 String.

DRM_777

Loving this new track debuted at Chimaira Christmas 13.

So awesome to see Chimaira using 7 strings for new music. I love Emil's 7 string which I am guessing is a Private Stock? However I noticed in pictures he was posting prior to the show, that it looked like he had one of the Whale Blue SE Custome 24-7's on his rack as a back up. The fact that Emil is willing to have one as a back up bodes very well for these 7 Strings and I can't wait to get mine!!!

Check it out, the new track is called "I Despise".

Last edited by a moderator:
I may or may not have sent him that SE-7 for the show. He also may or may not really really really dig it....

The prepro version of this song is amazing too.

1zqt55j.jpg

Oh really? Nice!

I usually get a track or two emailed from Mark prior to album release but I've never had demo's sent. So jealous!

Was in touch with my PRS dealer today to find out about putting a deposit down on an SE 7 but they can't take a deposit because they don't have a fixed price or delivery schedule yet, only that the guitars will be showcased at NAMM and that the first UK shipment is due in March.

Ok so I'm a little out of the loop apparently. I thought Emil was filling in on bass for Chimaira . When did Emil start playing guitar for them? What happened to Rob ? Is he playing full time time with Six Feet Under now .

Ok so I'm a little out of the loop apparently. I thought Emil was filling in on bass for Chimaira . When did Emil start playing guitar for them? What happened to Rob ? Is he playing full time time with Six Feet Under now .

Yeah Rob is with Six Feet Under and Matt is playing bass in Fear Factory. Emil moved over to lead guitar at the end of last year.

Damn talk about musical chairs. Thanks for info Mike. I will be curious to hear new stuff with Emil on guitar :rock:

But it should be noted that Rob is only writing and recording with SFU. He is not part of the touring line up. He is also working on new music for his project The Elite and apparently working on something with original Chimaira drummer Andols Herrick.

As well as playing for Fear Factory Matt is also filling in on bass for Unearth on an upcoming tour.

The Chimaira line up is now:

Mark Hunter: Vox
Emil Werstler: Lead Guitars
Matt Szlachta: Rhythm Guitars
Jeremy Cream: Bass
Sean Zatorsky: Keyboards/Wizardry.
Austin D'Amond: Drums

I've saw the new line up as it is now early last year and I have to say, it was just as good as ever.......and actually it was better than before. Seriously.

Back