New chair/ stool for practice.

I spend most of my day in the classic Aeron chair from Herman Miller, but I almost bought the one you listed here a couple of years ago! For playing these days, I am sitting on my cajon while playing it with a DW5000, so probably the least attractive option out of all!!
I don't own the armless HM chair, I also have the Aeron. I thought it was overpriced until I sat in it for a few hours.

Herman Miller makes the best chairs IMO. I spend most of my day in one and it is comfortable. It has arms. They have some models with removable arms or none at all.
it_prd_dtl_setu_chair_04.jpg.rendition.1152.1152.jpg
Great chair.

I finally picked up one of these Roc N Socs a few months ago and would absolutely buy it again.

I ran across one of these, but the lunar base that has 5 contact points with the floor and goes from 22” to 32”. $200 on CL. Thinkin’ it’s worth a 60 mile round trip and $200. Looks new. Thoughts?

I ran across one of these, but the lunar base that has 5 contact points with the floor and goes from 22” to 32”. $200 on CL. Thinkin’ it’s worth a 60 mile round trip and $200. Looks new. Thoughts?

I've been really happy with mine. I don't remember what I paid but it was worth it. I know GC had some for a good deal but that was a whole ago.

I especially admire the support built into the design for one's junk.

Because we all know that junk support is crucial to correct posture and physical health.

"What about mental health?"

"Anyone who supports my junk is mentally healthy, as far as I'm concerned."

"Do a lot of people support your junk?"

"Sadly, the set of people who support my junk is rapidly shrinking."

"So is your junk! That's the ravages of age, man."

"Hey, I went swimming! My junk is still normal!"

"One person's normal is the other person's 'you've got to be kidding, I don't feel sorry enough for you to give you a pity sex experience',

"You could just call it sex. 'Sex experience' is just weird."

"I've been told that experiencing sex with me is just weird."

"Too much information! WAY too much information!!!" :eek:

Last edited:
I especially admire the support built into the design for one's junk.

Because we all know that junk support is crucial to correct posture and physical health.

"What about mental health?"

"Anyone who supports my junk is mentally healthy, as far as I'm concerned."

"Do a lot of people support your junk?"

"Sadly, the set of people who support my junk is rapidly shrinking."

"So is your junk! That's the ravages of age, man."

"Hey, I went swimming! My junk is still normal!"

"One person's normal is the other person's 'you've got to be kidding, I don't feel sorry enough for you to give you a pity sex experience',

"You could just call it sex. 'Sex experience' is just weird."

"I've been told that experiencing sex with me is just weird."

"Too much information! WAY too much information!!!" :eek:
I get my support from junk drawers.............

This:

Folds up very comfortable and they build to your preferred height

Mine is 15 years ol and looks like new

With a PRS you want it a bit low so your leg is not parallel to the floor…
most classical guitarists use a foot rest to elevate the leg more than necessary for electric guitar

This:

Folds up very comfortable and they build to your preferred height

Mine is 15 years ol and looks like new

With a PRS you want it a bit low so your leg is not parallel to the floor…
most classical guitarists use a foot rest to elevate the leg more than necessary for electric guitar
Interesting. Do you play the "traditional" way with the guitar on your right leg (assuming right handed playing), or do you play in the classical style with the guitar lower bout kinda between your legs? The chair seems built for the latter position?

It is built with classical in mind but if you can elevate your right leg just so the thigh is not parallel to the ground it works great for the traditional way. This is less necessary if you use a guitar strap. I think the key for me is the shape of the chair is a bit triangular so you have perhaps 60 degrees more freedom in movement than the 180 or so a wider flat chair provides. Similar to playing on a stool except here you have a very comfortable and supportive back to the chair.

Honestly I would not have considered it if I didn’t already have it from my years studying classical guitar.

Back