New CE 24 today

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by SamIV, Aug 13, 2021.

1. The Steady

The Steady New Member

You missed the point.

2. Ovibos

Ovibos Naughty Wood Librarian

Nah, I think I parodied it accurately.

Uncle Bob likes this.
  3. The Steady

The Steady New Member

Disagree, cheers!

4. Crunch

Crunch New Member

I played a CE24 the other in a local shop. It was ok, the top was not great; however, the neck and fretwork did seem better than my 2021 SE Cu24. It just had a more premium, quality, feel to it (as it should) than about any SE I've played. S2 is another can of worms. However, for a price tag of $2100, I would say a big no on that one personally. Sadly, I'm not finding a lot of value in PRS lately, particularly with recent price hikes. Also sadly, I'm not finding much value in just about any major manufacturer lately.

Moondog Wily likes this.
  5. Tullfan

Tullfan New Member

I am new to the CE-24 having recently purchased a used 2020 with a gorgeous gray/black top from Brian’s Guitars. Everyday I find more reasons to love what it can do and how it plays. The comfort and feel of it is top notch and I love the neck and frets. The stunning 85/15 pickups are crystal clear, have amazing options with the volume/tone knobs, and the coil split is really useable. This thing is a joy to play and it really cuts through the mix. It has a unique tone, seems to get the best from a strat, tele, and les paul? How is that possible? It pleases the Fender guy in me with the bolt on/maple neck and single coil split sound. It offers some Gibson-like sounds I have not had before too. So versatile! So sexy! Buy a used CE for maximum value and minimal cost for a real USA-made gem, PRS magic here folks!

6. musicroom

musicroom New Member

Still really appreciating my CE. I'm always surprised to see people liking guitars that I don't like, and not liking guitars that I do like. Then I remember that saying "we're all different" is more than just words. :)

Uncle Bob and Moondog Wily like this.
  7. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob New Member

Absolutely right. I’ve made comments on here before about my feelings on the new CE and why I didn’t buy one, however I’m sure many people would dislike my choices too, so buy what makes you happy and play the crap out of it! It matters not what anyone else thinks!

musicroom and Moondog Wily like this.