New CE 24 just added to my collection

Bob Bourgeault

Stratman
Greetings all! I have just joined the forum about a week ago, after pre-orderint an S2 McCarty 594. Since introducing myself to you all, and admitting to myself that I just couldn't wait for projected fall shipping of an S2 from Sweetwater...I just made a pilgrimage down to the local GC (one of many) and bought a brand new CE24.
I had previously owned a CE 22 @2002 or so, but not for long and regret having sold it. Just brought the guitar home (along with a new 68 Princeton Reverb Reissue) and am in tone heaven. It'll take me awhile to get used to the PRS neck as I'm really accustomed to Fender and Gibsons. I'll have to think about whether I cancel the order for the S2, but have some time.
One comment, on which I'd appreciate some input. Compared to my Les Pauls, I find the bass strings on the CE24 a bit boomy...thinking I'm going to lower that end of the pickups...have any of you experienced that?
thanks for any comments!
Bob

Great choice!

Boomy isn't something I usually hear from someone coming from LP's. I wonder if you have your amp controls set for the Strat or something.
Nothing wrong with changing the pickup heights. Just remember the direction and number of 1/4 turns you use so you can put it back to original if you don't like it.

Pickup height adjustments are always a good step in getting a good balance out of your guitar.

Congratulations Bob, we’d love to see some photos in a new guitar thread please.
Thank you, as soon as I learn how to upload a pic I'll do so. Also, since acquiring the CE24, I also picked up a Silver Sky in Tungsten. It's beautiful and the neck and sound are amazing. The tone pots are really usable. Pics will be forthcoming!

Thank you, as soon as I learn how to upload a pic I'll do so. Also, since acquiring the CE24, I also picked up a Silver Sky in Tungsten. It's beautiful and the neck and sound are amazing. The tone pots are really usable. Pics will be forthcoming!
Now that's the spirit. Sounds like you really belong here.

One comment, on which I'd appreciate some input. Compared to my Les Pauls, I find the bass strings on the CE24 a bit boomy...thinking I'm going to lower that end of the pickups...have any of you experienced that?
thanks for any comments!
Bob

I have a CE24 and a Les Paul. No, I do not get that 'boomy' thing (pickups Gibson 57 Classics).
The sound is completely different. I construct and save unique presets for every working guitar on my signal processor. That fine tunes and balances all EQ, maximises definition etc. If I just used the amp, I suppose I would just mark the new settings on the control panel.

Back