New CE 24 just added to my collection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob Bourgeault, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Bob Bourgeault

Bob Bourgeault Stratman

Greetings all! I have just joined the forum about a week ago, after pre-orderint an S2 McCarty 594. Since introducing myself to you all, and admitting to myself that I just couldn't wait for projected fall shipping of an S2 from Sweetwater...I just made a pilgrimage down to the local GC (one of many) and bought a brand new CE24.
    I had previously owned a CE 22 @2002 or so, but not for long and regret having sold it. Just brought the guitar home (along with a new 68 Princeton Reverb Reissue) and am in tone heaven. It'll take me awhile to get used to the PRS neck as I'm really accustomed to Fender and Gibsons. I'll have to think about whether I cancel the order for the S2, but have some time.
    One comment, on which I'd appreciate some input. Compared to my Les Pauls, I find the bass strings on the CE24 a bit boomy...thinking I'm going to lower that end of the pickups...have any of you experienced that?
    thanks for any comments!
    Bob

2. AP515

AP515 Mostly Normal

Great choice!

Boomy isn't something I usually hear from someone coming from LP's. I wonder if you have your amp controls set for the Strat or something.
    Nothing wrong with changing the pickup heights. Just remember the direction and number of 1/4 turns you use so you can put it back to original if you don't like it.

3. Fro

Fro New Member

Pickup height adjustments are always a good step in getting a good balance out of your guitar.

Bill SAS 513 likes this.
  4. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Congratulations Bob, we’d love to see some photos in a new guitar thread please.

bodia likes this.
  5. danktat

danktat Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist

Nice....

Pix??? Has anyone mentioned pix????

bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  6. Bob Bourgeault

Bob Bourgeault Stratman

Thank you, as soon as I learn how to upload a pic I'll do so. Also, since acquiring the CE24, I also picked up a Silver Sky in Tungsten. It's beautiful and the neck and sound are amazing. The tone pots are really usable. Pics will be forthcoming!

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  7. dsenoj

dsenoj Old dude in a PRS T-shirt

Now that's the spirit. Sounds like you really belong here.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  8. merciful-evans

merciful-evans Portsmouth uk

I have a CE24 and a Les Paul. No, I do not get that 'boomy' thing (pickups Gibson 57 Classics).
    The sound is completely different. I construct and save unique presets for every working guitar on my signal processor. That fine tunes and balances all EQ, maximises definition etc. If I just used the amp, I suppose I would just mark the new settings on the control panel.