New cables

Birds of a feather - I often said the same to my wife.

My hope is that the estate sale won’t be any time soon! :eek:
Double Amen!!
I'm sure you've heard the debates about the relative value of paying for experiences vs. things. Happily, I heard some sage the other day make the point that, especially in ones later years, you get to enjoy all the stuff you've accumulated which counts as experience! I felt better immediately.
Now I have to decide if I should go experience the Vanilla Fudge this weekend. :)

Double Amen!!
I'm sure you've heard the debates about the relative value of paying for experiences vs. things. Happily, I heard some sage the other day make the point that, especially in ones later years, you get to enjoy all the stuff you've accumulated which counts as experience! I felt better immediately.
Now I have to decide if I should go experience the Vanilla Fudge this weekend. :)

I saw them live in 1968. It was a very good experience!

I saw them live in 1968. It was a very good experience!

I saw them in '67 in a little dive on LI, right after You Keep Me Hanging On broke, and they were incredible. Then, I saw them in 2011(?) and they were 43 years better! Check out Spirit of '67 if you get a chance.

The only reason I hesitate is it's a little bit of a drive. And it's a general admission show, for which I don't have a lot of patience in my Golden Years.

lol - I've gone the other way. I didn't use a pedal for like 30 years and just used overdrive and reverb in amp. (I did have a delay pedal but it sucked and I rarely used it.) But now I've got this giant pedal board w 11 pedals (if you include the looper and ABY switch) and a loops switcher thingy.) There are now all on a pedal train board with dedicated power supply. ...I wonder when I get to a point where I try to simplify???

That was me exactly for at least 30 years. Back when I started gigging, then touring, the pedals that were available back then sucked tone for days and I refused to deal with it. I played straight guitar to amp until rack systems came in vogue in the early 90's (for me). I went that route for about 12 years until the higher quality and true bypass pedals hit the market. These days I have three touring pedalboards, different sizes and effects for specific applications, all custom built with custom switching and routing.

I have been making use of some modeling units the last 5 years or so, but none of the high end units. Line 6, Boss, etc, and had gotten along pretty well with those, even though the amp modeling shortcomings were obvious. Still, I have been able to perform entire shows with nothing more than a modeling floorboard and either IEMs or a discreet monitor wedge. Until today ...

I took delivery of a Fractal AX8 this afternoon and am clearly headed down another dark and deep rabbit hole ...

Stay tuned ...

I saw them in '67 in a little dive on LI, right after You Keep Me Hanging On broke, and they were incredible. Then, I saw them in 2011(?) and they were 43 years better! Check out Spirit of '67 if you get a chance.

The only reason I hesitate is it's a little bit of a drive. And it's a general admission show, for which I don't have a lot of patience in my Golden Years.

I, for one, am simply glad that there are other Golden dudes who post here. :)

I’d love to see your synth rig - if you have any pics, please post them!
I'm trying to post those pics for you. I've got 'em as far as Google Photos, but all that shows when I try to share them here are the links rather than the images. I managed it once before but I've forgotten the procedure. Have you got a link to the directions?
BTW, found out the Vanilla Fudge are playing next month about an hour closer to me and with assigned seats! Yay!

I don’t have a link to the directions, I just use Imgur because it’s easy. Meantime, are the Vanilla Fudge touring with the original members?

I don’t have a link to the directions, I just use Imgur because it’s easy. Meantime, are the Vanilla Fudge touring with the original members?

Les, not to alarm you or anything...

A local Connecticut band has taken up your avatar (some while ago) and named their band, "Someone You Can X-Ray."

I thought it fitting because of your avatar...should we issue a cease and desist order, or can this wait until later next month...?

A local Connecticut band has taken up your avatar (some while ago) and named their band, "Someone You Can X-Ray."

I thought it fitting because of your avatar...should we issue a cease and desist order, or can this wait until later next month...?

It’s an illustration from one of the ads that used to be in the back of comic books for X-ray glasses. In the ad, there was the guy with the glasses looking at a woman, whose clothing appeared to be see-through.

When I was a kid, my little brother sent away for the product. It consisted of a plastic eyeglass frame with two pieces of cardboard for lenses. The cardboard was painted with a weird design, and had pinhole openings in the middle, making things look shadowy, kind of a double vision thing. My brother, who was maybe 6-7 years old, was convinced he could see people’s underwear while wearing these glasses, and had a great time with them for about an hour.

I just love the image.

I think immediate action should be taken to protect Les' 100% original artistic imagery!

All except Tim Bogert. He was in a bad accident some years back and retired from touring. A pity, he's an amazing player. Subbing is Pete Bremy, who's been playing with them for years now.
I'll see what Imgur can do as the morning winds on!

It’s an illustration from one of the ads that used to be in the back of comic books for X-ray glasses. In the ad, there was the guy with the glasses looking at a woman, whose clothing appeared to be see-through.

When I was a kid, my little brother sent away for the product. It consisted of a plastic eyeglass frame with two pieces of cardboard for lenses. The cardboard was painted with a weird design, and had pinhole openings in the middle, making things look shadowy, kind of a double vision thing. My brother, who was maybe 6-7 years old, was convinced he could see people’s underwear while wearing these glasses, and had a great time with them for about an hour.

I just love the image.

The 50's through the 70's had a bunch of the old practical magic and joke gags and gifts you could send away for (costing only 50 cents and shipping costs!) hidden inside various gift catalogs and comic books.

I'd love for the band to adopt your avatar (if they have not done so as of yet) or locate some other similar icon for their band.

I think immediate action should be taken to protect Les' 100% original artistic imagery!

Mebbe. The image is culled off of the internet, so intellectual property rights are a moot point. Les just has the charismatic avatar look that is part of our local music culture. I relish the fact the local band echoes Les' avatar...

Back