New Basement Studio

Sorry about the hijack, but this is my Living Room/Studio/ Home office. Looking forward to seeing your finished space!

P8272733.jpg

I used to have a living room that was similarly equipped - before I re-married... :)

The room is coming along great! Thanks for the updates!

I did a similar thing 5 years ago.

Old Music "Room"

86711405.jpg

Finished Room

339131616.jpg

339131620.jpg

My Work Bench (Thorn not included...)

339131615.jpg

Jamie

Yeah, they were , um... "challenging"...

When the house was built, no thought was given to where the HVA ran, since finishing the basement wasn't in the plans for the previous owners...

Jamie

Yeah, they were , um... "challenging"...

When the house was built, no thought was given to where the HVA ran, since finishing the basement wasn't in the plans for the previous owners...

Jamie

I pretty much had the same problem here. When the house was originally built, I think the basement was only meant for utilities and storage. As a result, between the I-beams, poles, HVAC ducting and 94" clearance between slab and joists, I had lots of compromises to make and wall positions and room shapes were partially dictated to me.

I was determined, for one thing, not to have any exposed infrastructure - especially the poles. So, there are some lower ceilings where the beams and HVAC run and all poles are hidden in walls. When I finish this last room - I'll show some shots of the other rooms.

...where a Drum set is going...either that or a bar.

Oh, decisions, decisions.... I have payed drums a lot longer than I have played guitar and quite a bit longer than I have been enjoying adult beverages...

So, I'm torn. How about building a bar around the drum set?

Great Project!
When we built our new house the Family got a pool, I got THIS:

76a73f64-1.jpg

16x25 music room - I can keep my drums and PA set up and I'm on 2.5 acres with no neighbors on 3 sides - Full VOLUME band practice 24/7! :D Well.... As long as it's cool with the wife! ;) LOL!!!

Last edited:
Before the drywall... Insulation!

I'm using R15 here....

insulate1.jpg

insulate2.jpg

Over the insulation goes the vapor barrier...

vapor1.jpg

vapor2.jpg

Yes, the closet got insulation and vapor barrier too.

Wow great studios guy's.
Gives me ideas for when I move in the future.

Jamie where did you get the PRS Poster?

My mini studio :D
Missing is my new SE Custom 24 that is due any day.

18.jpg

Back