New Archon?

In my experience with PRS, they don't often bring back things once they pull the plug. It not "never," but pretty close. If they nixed it, I wouldn't bet on it reappearing.

Sadly we all know it’s “You don’t buy ‘em, we don’t make ‘em”
The market seems to be moving away from big, high wattage amps.

I think to be competitive, you've gotta have low wattage with high wattage sound or some kind of power soak/impulse response setup on board.

I think to be competitive, you've gotta have low wattage with high wattage sound or some kind of power soak/impulse response setup on board.

I have seen a lot of groups in clubs over the last few years with in-ear monitors that are ampless. They play with floor or rack mounted modelers.

Yep, most are looking for lunchbox sized amps these days.

It’s hard to be a guitar maker, then split your attention to amp making, and compete in a market full of full-time amp makers. Same thing for amp makers that go into guitars. Most don’t succeed at it. PRS is finding a way, or at least trying.

I’ll be curious to see how they did once folks here get inside one, and more importantly, plug their guitars in and see how they sound in a band format. I hope it’s a success.

I found mine a 2018 model with hang tags. Kinda of NOS for 600.00. The guy bought it before Covid and got in a bad bind and had to hock it. The pawn shop had it marked at 899.00. I offered 600.00 and took it home. Sad that the guy lost it.

I would assume the MT100 will replace the Archon.
I can't afford to buy new amps so the MT100 would be off my list.
However, I could get a used Archon.

You guys wirh the Archon, have you compared the 50 to the 100?
I have never heard a 50 watt amp that I liked as much as the 100 watt version. The 100 watt always sounds bigger and more muscular, no matter what tricks they try.

I do hear that the Archon 50 has more mids.

Back